best age for first rabies shot?

Old December 16th 05, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default best age for first rabies shot?

how soon is too soon for a rabies shot? my vet wants Cali to have one asap
and she's only 3.0 pounds and 17 weeks old. Is it too early? I read some
where that 5-6 months is better for smaller dogs. Is there any truth to
that? thanks!

Old December 16th 05, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

how soon is too soon for a rabies shot? my vet wants Cali to have one
asap and she's only 3.0 pounds and 17 weeks old. Is it too early? I read
some where that 5-6 months is better for smaller dogs. Is there any truth
to that? thanks!

Twelve weeks. And in our state dogs have to be licensed and therefore
vaccinated by 16 weeks.

If you are worried, ask to have the puppy vaccinations split up a week
apart.

Old December 16th 05, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Sharon" wrote in message
how soon is too soon for a rabies shot? my vet wants Cali to have one
asap and she's only 3.0 pounds and 17 weeks old. Is it too early? I
read some where that 5-6 months is better for smaller dogs. Is there any
truth to that? thanks!

Twelve weeks. And in our state dogs have to be licensed and therefore
vaccinated by 16 weeks.

If you are worried, ask to have the puppy vaccinations split up a week
apart.

currently, she's goes every 2 weeks and gets one shot per visit. I guess I
will do the rabies one as planned (on her next visit). thanks for the
input.

Rabies Vaccine Fund Tee Dog health 0 October 30th 05 06:16 PM
Rabies Challenge Front Page [email protected] Dog health 1 October 14th 05 06:57 AM
Rabies Titer? Suja Dog behavior 22 August 12th 05 03:44 AM
Rabies vs. vaccinated dog. B. A. Dog health 1 July 9th 05 03:52 AM
Rabies vs. vaccinated dog. B. A. Dogs - general 0 July 6th 05 10:45 PM