Vetalog Injection killed my dog??

Old February 1st 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Vetalog Injection killed my dog??

Let me start by saying that the vet gave my puppy vetalog for
inflammation of her right ear after diagnosed with a yeast infection.
the same day the vet told me she should get some vaccines and or
booster shots. so not being a vet myself i thought he would do what is
best for my dog. afterall they should love animals, right? i didn't
realize the number of shots was at 6 not counting the Vetalog. she died
and as of right now the vet is saying she had an enlarged pacrease and
ulcers.

it was a yeast infection. why, how?

any help

Old February 1st 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

it was a yeast infection!........ why, how, it does no add up is all i
meant. something had to have gone wrong for it to go this far

Old February 1st 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article .com,
fng62 wrote:
it was a yeast infection!........ why, how, it does no add up is all i
meant. something had to have gone wrong for it to go this far

It's really impossible for anybody here to know. Sometimes
yeast infections or other seemingly minor conditions are
actually the result of something far more serious that's
compromised the immune system. I'd definitely take any
concerns to the vet and ask a lot of questions.
The triumph of Republican-conservative economic policy consists
of an expansion of government jobs financed by loans from the
Communist People's Republic of China -- Max Sawicky
Old February 2nd 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"fng62" wrote in message
ups.com...
Let me start by saying that the vet gave my puppy vetalog for
inflammation of her right ear after diagnosed with a yeast infection.
the same day the vet told me she should get some vaccines and or
booster shots. so not being a vet myself i thought he would do what is
best for my dog. afterall they should love animals, right? i didn't
realize the number of shots was at 6 not counting the Vetalog. she died
and as of right now the vet is saying she had an enlarged pacrease and
ulcers.

..........I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm assuming they did a necropsy and
found the inflamed pancreas and ulcers? If she died within hours of the
vaccinations it might have been anaphylactic shock.

it was a yeast infection. why, how?

............Steroids aren't the answer for a yeast infection.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old February 2nd 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

the steroids were for the inflamation of her outer ear from her
scratching to try and be comfortable from the infection. but otherwise
you are right on, they did do the necropsy to find this and she gave up
10 days after the shot.

thank you for your comments. we simply are looking for answers we may
never get.

Josh

Family Pets (Dogs) Found Killed In Cold Blood whayface Dogs - general 0 January 18th 06 01:53 AM
FDA: Contaminated Dog Food Killed 23 Dogs, Sickened 18 buglady Dog health 3 January 2nd 06 10:51 PM
Injection technique NSN Dog health 1 June 30th 05 02:14 PM
Burlco woman, 67, killed by her Doberman phillydog Dog behavior 246 October 1st 03 09:17 PM
Burlco woman, 67, killed by her Doberman phillydog Dog behavior 0 September 9th 03 05:21 PM