Looking to place 1 yr old Yellow Labrador Retriever (Stratford, Ont.)

Old March 23rd 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default Looking to place 1 yr old Yellow Labrador Retriever (Stratford, Ont.)

We are a family whom are looking for the right owners for our dog. He
is housebroken and has been raised with children. Vacinations are up
todate and "Snoopy" is neutered and microchipped. Snoopy is very good
with our children (4&5 yr old), they can be rough with him and he will
not harm them in any way. The problem is we do not have the time to
devote to this dog. Both of us work full time, with 2 young children.
Snoopy has also completed obedience training, positive re-inforcement.
We have owned a Labrador (unfortunately hit by a car) in the past but
that was prior to having children, thought we could do it again and may
have been too hasty. This dog needs a lot of attention and activity,
he is high energy, which is natural given the breed and age. Snoopy is
excellent off the leash and will listen well. We are attached to
Snoopy and have looked into various options such as the local shelter.
We really do not want to go down the route of the local shelter. We
have also looked into the Labrador Rescue for Ontario as well.
We are looking for $400 or best offer along with the right qualities
for our dog. Please email if you are interested.

Old March 23rd 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

In article .com,
says...
[...]

You don't want him and you think someone is going to give you that much
money for him. You can get a well bred lab puppy for half that. You've
left him alone all day and not given him any attention and he has high-
energy ( you can't control him) and you want to sell him. If you find
anyone who cares enough to take him you ought to give him to them or
pay them to take him. They'd be doing you a BIG favor. When you don't
get any offers take him to lab rescue if they'll take him. I'm sure
they're overloaded with them.

Papa
Old March 23rd 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

" said in
rec.pets.dogs.rescue:

We are looking for $400 or best offer along with the right
qualities for our dog.

I was with you until now.

If I was in your situation, I'd *pay* the same amount to help
rehome my dog.

Old March 24th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

I'm with Rocky on this one..........you should be offering who ever take the
dog some incentive weather it be a private individual or a rescue
organization. The last dog I looked at taking in the owner own offered to
pay all vet bills for the first year. The money was an incetive and I would
have taken him anyway regardless of the offer if he had gotten along with my
cats. Unfortunately he didn't and I had to give him back and she found him
another home.

Celeste

"Rocky" wrote in message
" said in
rec.pets.dogs.rescue:

Old March 24th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:05:59 GMT, "Ruthie"
wrote:

I'm new here, but have been reading this list for a while...

You might check with these folks - they rescue labs.

http://www.labs4rescue.com/

I'll be they don't pay $400 for them, though.

Mustang Sally

roups.com...

Old March 24th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

In article ,
says...

I'll be they don't pay $400 for them, though.

Mustang Sally

I'll bet you're right!

Papa