Government Goons Murder Puppies!

Old May 11th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Default Government Goons Murder Puppies!

I've seen several reports of cops taking shots at family pets for
what seems to be no good reason. It happened near here when cops
freed a dog from a car (despite protests from the family) during
a traffic stop on I-65. The dog played on the shoulder until it
came toward its (restrained) owner and was killed by a shotgun
blast.

If you agree that the "drug war" is without reason, there's a
*lot* of senseless killing - of both dogs and humans. But let's
capitalize on the puppies.
http://www.reason.com/0604/co.rb.rant.shtml

--kyler
Old May 11th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Kyler Laird composed these thoughts and posted them
:

I've seen several reports of cops taking shots at family pets for
what seems to be no good reason. It happened near here when cops
freed a dog from a car (despite protests from the family) during
a traffic stop on I-65. The dog played on the shoulder until it
came toward its (restrained) owner and was killed by a shotgun
blast.

If you agree that the "drug war" is without reason, there's a
*lot* of senseless killing - of both dogs and humans. But let's
capitalize on the puppies.
http://www.reason.com/0604/co.rb.rant.shtml

--kyler

This is very old, and was highly discussed at the time. It does not look
like a playing puppy to me, and i feel the officer was justified.
Old May 12th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

diddy writes:

I've seen several reports of cops taking shots at family pets for
what seems to be no good reason. It happened near here when cops
freed a dog from a car (despite protests from the family) during
a traffic stop on I-65. The dog played on the shoulder until it
came toward its (restrained) owner and was killed by a shotgun
blast.

If you agree that the "drug war" is without reason, there's a
*lot* of senseless killing - of both dogs and humans. But let's
capitalize on the puppies.
http://www.reason.com/0604/co.rb.rant.shtml

--kyler

This is very old,

I'm guessing that although you quoted my entire message you're
only refering to the first paragraph. The article was published
last month.

and was highly discussed at the time. It does not look
like a playing puppy to me,

It doesn't matter much whether he was playing or taking a dump.
He shouldn't have been out there.

and i feel the officer was justified.

What was the justification you derived for the officer releasing
the dog from the car? Did you come up with a similar justification
for the officer who stepped on the baby's head? "All in the line
of duty" and all that?

I'd like to think that obeying the law would keep me and my family
safe from police violence. It sure doesn't look that way.

--kyler