Flea Control Products (and other advice)

Old August 6th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

Default Flea Control Products (and other advice)

[snip 148 kB of a post too long to read]

Well, I am amazed to have provoked perhaps the longest post ever from Jerry
Howe. Maybe there are some good words of advice in this long winded rant,
but I merely skimmed through it. The condescending attitude and knee-jerk
criticism is just too much. So, Jerry, "Howe" much time has your mostly
unread post subtracted from your life?

I took Muttley on a nice long walk today on the NCRR trail, and he behaved
well. We met some nice people, got some good exercise and fresh air, and
the fleas seem to be more under control. Muttley is now calmly relaxing and
he seems quite happy. I would be pleased to read any advice offered, but I
will not spend time sorting through thousands of words of abuse and
criticism from someone who obviously has, (but will not acknowledge),
serious mental health issues.

Thanks,

Paul

Old April 26th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
LJL

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in
:

[...]

Dear Paul,

I livein Miami, FL, and this year the fleas have been horrendous.
It seems to go in cycles. A few years without problem, then WHAM a flea
invasion.
My Border Collie was suffering. Friends recommended K9 Advantix.
Tried it. It didn't work for him. They then recommended Frontline Plus.
Tried it. The one-month dosage lasted two-weeks before the fleas were
back as bad as ever.
In years past I had used Advantage. Tried it again and with 6-
hours things were better. Within 24-hours the fleas were apparently
gone. It is amazing.
At the same time, I am treating the yard and house for fleas as
well. I tried flea control with pyrthrins (sp?), but the had little
effect, so I went to the old stand-by, Malthion. Once-a-week for three
weeks. Indoors I am using a flea-specific product sold at Home Depot
with an insect growth regulator (IGR).
If you use either the indoor flea spray or Malthion the only major
rule is that the dogs don't go near the treated areas until it is
completely dry.

Good luck with your dog's fleas. Hope all works out well for you both.

Best,
LJL
Old June 13th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Michael Clintn

Just how dangerous is malithion ?

Old June 13th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.animals.dog,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
buglady

"Michael Clintn" wrote in message
link.net...
Just how dangerous is malithion ?

...........haven't the faintest idea who you're replying to........but it's
spelled malathion - just Google malathion MSDS

buglady
take out the dog before replying