Oso's legacy

Old September 23rd 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Oso's legacy

Followup-To set for rec.pets.dogs.misc

A couple years back I was contacted by a textbook company in Japan who
wanted to use this article http://www.dogplay.com/MyDogs/fun.html in an english
language text book. Yesterday I got a request to use the same article in
four more publications. It is very cool to know that although his body
may be gone, his spirit lives on, and he will be known by students who
never met him in this eartjly world.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old September 24th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
TaraG

wrote in message ...
Followup-To set for rec.pets.dogs.misc

A couple years back I was contacted by a textbook company in Japan who
wanted to use this article http://www.dogplay.com/MyDogs/fun.html in an
english
language text book. Yesterday I got a request to use the same article in
four more publications. It is very cool to know that although his body
may be gone, his spirit lives on, and he will be known by students who
never met him in this eartjly world.

A friend who started a business based on the needs of her old GSD girl had
to finally let old Bonnie-girl go a few years ago. My friend Jodi had named
her company after Bonnie. Jodi had become a canine swim therapist *because*
of Bonnie. That old girl was central in her heart and in her life. Bonnie's
loss was, needless to say, profound. Jodi was devastated. One of her
employees told her that in some religions, every time the deceased's name is
mentioned, their spirit soars a little bit higher. The fact that every time
they answered the phone, and every time the center was referred, Bonnie's
name was said out loud meant the world to Jodi after that.

Oso's spirit is going to be soaring pretty high after all this.

That's pretty cool.

Tara

Old September 24th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 04:36:26 GMT TaraG whittled these words:

wrote in message ...
[...]

Awww - that made me cry.

Old September 25th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
TaraG

I'm replying to this again, because my first response never showed up on my
server. I apologize if this is a duplicate for anyone....

Old October 11th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
n briggs

Wonderful website! Thanks! I have long been interested in therapy work with
animals (everyone needs a hobby) and really enjoyed your input.

I am a Golden Retriever addict, have a 5 month female and foster others from
a local rescue group. What I know of this breed is that they do make
wonderful service/therapy dogs--and have often thought that some of these
rescues really might have something to offer in the way of therapy work.
Thanks for the links!