Cruel and Degrading: The Use of Dogs for Cell Extractions in U.S. Prisons.

Old October 19th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mike

Default Cruel and Degrading: The Use of Dogs for Cell Extractions in U.S. Prisons.

Cruel and Degrading: The Use of Dogs for Cell Extractions in U.S.
Prisons.
Human Rights Watch.
http://hrw.org/reports/2006/us1006/us1006webwcover.pdf

Old October 20th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot

OK, I'm probably going to get flamed for this but what's the difference
between a police dog and this. They are doing the same thing to bring a
criminal under control. I mean get real these are hard core criminals most
of them have spent the biggest part of their life locked up for violent
crimes. The lifers think nothing of killing or maiming an officer they have
nothing to loose the way they look at it.

As a correction officers fiance I don't have a problem with this. If it's
the difference between an officer getting hurt and a prisoner being deathly
afraid of an attack dog and complying with the cell extraction then I'm all
for it. If they are stupid enough to resist then they deserve what they
get. I personnally wish they had attack dogs where my fiance works. If
they did maybe more officers would not be hurt. Lets face it a pissed off
german shepard can be pretty damned intimidating all on its own.

The do gooder human rights activist out there ought to spend a while in a
maximum security prison. I bet they'd change their minds after seeing some
of the **** the inmates will do. As far as I'm concerned and alot of other
people the criminals gave up their rights when they commited murder, rape
and other violent crimes.

Celeste

ups.com...