Older CHow CHow for Adoption

Old October 31st 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
rec.pets.dogs.rescue -

Default Older CHow CHow for Adoption

When this gentleman called yesterday morning, he was obviously crying,
although he was trying not to sound like it...the occasional sniffles
gave him away...it WASN'T a cold...you could tell by his voice... He
said no one down there would take him, other than animal control, and
they told him that after 30 days King would be PTS if not adopted.
Stacey did not feel that was a reasonable option for his beloved King
who has gone with him to Korea and back, twice, while he was in the
service. He has now retired, and the new job he just got takes them to
Houston where they have tried unsuccessfully to find an apt. All of
the decent places have BS lists of dogs they will not accept, no matter
how well trained or socialized. He searched for a GA Chow rescue and
didn't find one, so he contacted us to see if perhaps we knew of one
that could take King. I told him the only thing we could do for him
would be to send word out to our rescue contacts.

Anyone able to help with this one? Know of anyone looking for an older
Chow? Please contact Stacey at his phone 706-589-3316 or email addy
croskeysd @ aol.com.

Old November 17th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
marika

newest update, make sure you read the last line'

Old November 18th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Michael A. Ball

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:50:47 GMT, marika wrote:

newest update, make sure you read the last line'

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:54:32 -0500, rec.pets.dogs.rescue -
wrote:

When this gentleman...

What last line? In fact, what update?

Around here, young Chow Chows have little chance for adoption. So, you
can imagine what chance an older Chow Chow would have. Sometimes, the
needle is the most merciful option. :-(

___________________
A dog's life is too short; their only fault really.
Old November 19th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Charles Richmond

wrote:

When this gentleman...

What last line? In fact, what update?

Around here, young Chow Chows have little chance for adoption. So, you
can imagine what chance an older Chow Chow would have. Sometimes, the
needle is the most merciful option. :-(

From my personal experience, Chow Chows are a different kind
of dog. They require a diffrent kind of person. These folks are
harder to find, but they *do* exist. I am really hoping that
you can find some of these folks for your Chow Chows...