growth on back of rear leg

Old November 5th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
CALIK8

Default growth on back of rear leg

Our 11 year old golden has a dark growth the size of a small fist
hanging on the back of her rear leg. It hasn't got any bigger. The vet
wanted to remove it under anesthesia for quite a hefty sum of $. we
thought we'd watch it for a while. Now I am thinking, maybe we could
"tie it off" like you do with a dew-claw? It doesnt bother her at all,
but it kinda looks like a testicle. (ewwww)

Old November 5th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On 5 Nov 2006 09:36:55 -0800, "CALIK8" ,
clicked their heels and said:

Our 11 year old golden has a dark growth the size of a small fist
hanging on the back of her rear leg. It hasn't got any bigger. The vet
wanted to remove it under anesthesia for quite a hefty sum of $. we
thought we'd watch it for a while. Now I am thinking, maybe we could
"tie it off" like you do with a dew-claw? It doesnt bother her at all,
but it kinda looks like a testicle. (ewwww)

Have you had a biopsy done? Is it interfering with her movement? Do
you have a clear idea of what it is? Don't go tying things off, but
don't necessarily go cutting on a senior golden either. You need to
know what you're dealing with and how it impacts her life.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 5th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paula

On 5 Nov 2006 09:36:55 -0800, "CALIK8" wrote:

Our 11 year old golden has a dark growth the size of a small fist
hanging on the back of her rear leg. It hasn't got any bigger. The vet
wanted to remove it under anesthesia for quite a hefty sum of $. we
thought we'd watch it for a while. Now I am thinking, maybe we could
"tie it off" like you do with a dew-claw? It doesnt bother her at all,
but it kinda looks like a testicle. (ewwww)

I'd at least have a section removed for biopsy before deciding what to
do. If it is a cancerous growth, that hefty sum of money might not
seem so hefty and you will want to discuss other treatment
recommendations as well.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,
Old November 6th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Paula" wrote in message
I'd at least have a section removed for biopsy before deciding what to
do.

..........I disagree. I think it's pointless to anesthetize a dog for a
sectional biopsy. Especially an old one. Might as well remove it.

......And to the OP, I hope you weren't serious about tying off a dew claw.
Sounds cruel to me.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old November 6th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 02:42:50 GMT, "buglady"
wrote:

And to the OP, I hope you weren't serious about tying off a dew claw.
Sounds cruel to me

and potentially dangerous to the dog.

--
Lynne