**** Tzu (11 weeks) Swallowed RawHide

Old November 15th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Clipzz

Default **** Tzu (11 weeks) Swallowed RawHide

I recently bought my two Shih Tzu pups a raw hide slipper. During an
eventful tug of war they had with the slipper, a lace got torn off.
It's approximately 1/4" wide and 2 " long. One of the pups sucked the
lace down before i could get to her. This has happened close to 14
hours ago. So far her behavior hasn't change, still drinks water and
had two bowel movements so far. Her eating has slowed...not sure if
I'm being paranoid about it or not.

I have feed the pup 3 tea spoons of mineral oil to help add the passing
of the raw hide.

Does any one else have any other solutions or advice or pass
experiences with small pups swallowing strips of raw hide. Your input
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Concern parent of Two.

Old November 16th 06, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Clipzz" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently bought my two Shih Tzu pups a raw hide slipper. During an
eventful tug of war they had with the slipper, a lace got torn off.
It's approximately 1/4" wide and 2 " long.

............I don't think that's big enough to get stuck anywhere. It's the
chunks that sometimes don't pass through the system. Just keep an eye on
bowel movements. If vomiting and diarrhea occur I'd head to the vet.

I have feed the pup 3 tea spoons of mineral oil to help add the passing
of the raw hide.

.......ouch, be prepared for diarrhea. I'm not sure that mineral oil is a
good idea. Please run these kinds of events past your vet.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old November 16th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Clipzz

Hi, Thanks for replying.

The dog is in the Vet's Hands now. They are going to get x-rays
done...not just for the rawhide, but there might be a fracture bone in
the front left leg. The Vet and I both don't believe it was caused by
the wrestling the two pups do. But i can't think of another reason

for the mineral Oil, the pup doesn't have diarrhea, but have smoother
cleaner poops. Bigger piles two. The Vet recommend the Mineral oil to
help ease the passing of the rawhide threw the stool.

Old November 16th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Clipzz" wrote in message
oups.com...
The dog is in the Vet's Hands now. They are going to get x-rays
done...not just for the rawhide, but there might be a fracture bone in
the front left leg. The Vet and I both don't believe it was caused by
the wrestling the two pups do. But i can't think of another reason

.............Are the dogs confined when you're not with them? Wonder if it's
from jumping off a couch or something.