Stupid question

Old December 3rd 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Stupid question

In article 2006120312215750878-montana@wildhackcominvalid,
montana wildhack wrote:
Would it be better to wait for spay day & ask for a blood test or get
the blood test so we don't waste the vet's time in case she is pregnant?

I kind of hate to say it, but unless there's reason to think
the pups would be pretty special I'd go ahead with the spay
either way. Greta was pregnant when I took her in (her
previous owner kept her tied out in an unfenced area 24/7
and never got around to having her spayed - duh) and while I
thought she was a pretty great dog I didn't think we'd be
depriving the dog world much if the pups weren't born.
Given the number of dogs killed for lack of homes it seemed
better to euthanize the unborn pups. It was a pretty awful
decision but, I think, the right one.