Rut Ro

Old December 4th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

Default Rut Ro

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:06:09 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 12:01:05 -0500, diddy said:

I thought they were a month away! You got to be joking!

Jokes on us!

What the heck do we do for a whelping box?????

Someone more knowledgeable than me (which is anyone) will step in here
soon, I'm sure...but for a whelping box, a box or enclosure that will
contain the pups and is too tall for them to climb over...don't know
how big Neo is, so don't know how big this needs to be...you might
just put her somewhere out of the way right now on some clean towels
and worry about a box or enclosure later...it sounds like pups may be
early, you will likely need heat lamps at the least...if pups are
early, probably a greater chance of complications...can you call your
vet?

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:46:15 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 12:11:14 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

can you call your
vet?

Talked with them twice, we set up a big crate and lined it wiith
cardboard (towels, etc.). Neo could get in & out, but not the pups.

All we can do is keep things warm in here.

Right, I sent that after you'd posted that you called them. Warmth is
the big thing, from my limited understanding. Sounds like you're
doing everything you can. Any more pups yet?

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:17:11 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 13:09:26 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

Any more pups yet?

We have five at the moment...

I think #6 is on the way...

Oh my. Well, the vet did say "at least".

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On 2006-12-04 13:09:26 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

Any more pups yet?

We have five at the moment...

At least that means things must be going fairly smoothly...

MS

Old December 4th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote in

It's the biggest one yet. These pups are like 6 inches long...

Good lord! Where on earth was she hiding them?

--
Shelly

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.
-- A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
Old December 4th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:20:42 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 13:17:07 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

I think #6 is on the way...

Oh my. Well, the vet did say "at least".

It's the biggest one yet. These pups are like 6 inches long...

Ahhh, well, I'm no puppy expert, but I think it's safe to say they're
not premature!

MS

Old December 4th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On 4 Dec 2006 18:21:49 GMT, Shelly wrote:

montana wildhack wrote in

It's the biggest one yet. These pups are like 6 inches long...

Good lord! Where on earth was she hiding them?

I think you mentioned a big butt...She's pretty fluffy, though, isn't
she? Fluff can hide anything...

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Suja wrote:
I've heard that
people put different colored ribbons on them or paint the toenails in
different colors to assist with this.

Emmett was from a litter of 9, and each of them had a
different color collar (made of something sort of like
Tyvek).

Old December 4th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"montana wildhack" wrote in message:

It's the biggest one yet. These pups are like 6 inches long...

Do you have a way to weigh them? You may also want to start putting some
sort of ID on 'em, so you can make sure that everyone is feeding, increasing
in weight, etc. (assuming they're hard to tell apart). I've heard that

Old December 4th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paula

On 2006-12-04 13:09:26 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

Any more pups yet?

We have five at the moment...

I think #6 is on the way...

I hereby nominate you the spay/neuter vs. the miracle of birth
argument spokesperson for the group!

Good luck with the birthing and all the pups. I hope they eat well on
their own so you don't have to bottle feed, that they are healthy and
cute and that your DH takes full responsibility since obviously this
is fate intervening to save him making a difficult decision he didn't
want to make!

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,