Neo's Litter, Day 3

Old December 7th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

Default Neo's Litter, Day 3

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:23:30 -0500, montana wildhack
, clicked their heels and said:

Puppies don't have umbilical cords anymore! Wow!

I SOOOOO love that I can *vicariously* raise a litter!

--
Janet Boss
Old December 7th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet B

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:32:48 -0500, montana wildhack
, clicked their heels and said:

You can clearly see the diamond back on the runt.

Yup! Cool pics - I love them. And Neo is such a pretty girl and such
an amazing mom - you've got a really great one there IMO.
--
Janet Boss
Old December 7th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"Janet B" wrote in message:

I SOOOOO love that I can *vicariously* raise a litter!

Now, if we can get Montana or DH to point a webcam at the litter, it would
be perfect!

Suja

Old December 7th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

Janet B wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:32:48 -0500, montana wildhack
, clicked their heels and said:

You can clearly see the diamond back on the runt.

Yup! Cool pics - I love them. And Neo is such a pretty girl and such
an amazing mom - you've got a really great one there IMO.

Yes, yes, yes and YES!

And oh how I love runts!! Maybe you can name him/her after a star or
constellation.

Old December 7th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"montana wildhack" wrote in message:

It's fascinating to me that either they smell mom's milk or they hear
suckling, but as soon as one starts nursing, all the rest of the
puppies wake, turn and form a little ant line, straight to mom!

I found this information on DHA and its effect on puppy brain development,
and thought I'd send you the link:

http://www.eukanuba-scienceonline.co...y%20Report.pdf

It's a little frustrating that they don't say exactly what the dosage
difference was between the 'high DHA' and 'low DHA' groups, but maybe Neo
and the pups would benefit from a little fish/fish oil in their diet. As
long as you're going to turn out Super Puppies, might as well go for
Super-Duper Puppies.

Suja

Old December 7th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

montana wildhack wrote:

There's another picture at
http://4dsgn.com/index.php?module=ar...position=10:10

You can clearly see the diamond back on the runt.

It's fascinating to me that either they smell mom's milk or they hear
suckling, but as soon as one starts nursing, all the rest of the puppies
wake, turn and form a little ant line, straight to mom!

Oh. How. Cute!

FurPaw

--
Better dead than Red.

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old December 7th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lynne

On 2006-12-06 21:14:51 -0500, "Lynne" said:

And oh how I love runts!! Maybe you can name him/her after a star or
constellation.

Of course, I refer to him as "The Diamondback," but we haven't given
them the reindeer names that DH wants to use. I think we will probably
be able to better tell them apart tomorrow.

*sigh* I have puppy lust. Do you have any idea how hard it is not to
beg you to consider me as a potential adopter??

Anyway, I've always loved the name Draco (the dragon constellation),
for your consideration in case you and DH decide to stray from the
Reindeer theme. My daughter would never let me name any of our
critters Draco. Hmph.

How's that puppy breath?