Garlic for worms

Old December 31st 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Biscuit

Default Garlic for worms

We have a 6 month old shepherd/rottweiler mix, a "shepweiler", and the
vet gave us worm meds to dose him with during puppyhood, through a
certain age. Just seems like I have spotted a few worms in his stool
here and there, despite all the dosing. I am wondering if anyone has
had much luck with using garlic as a more natural means of prohibiting
or even preventing worms? We're a bit worried at this continual need
for worm meds, and are hoping to try something more natural to help
with these pests!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

DS

~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.7trees.org/phpbb - Green Branch -
Politics, news, sustainability, self-sufficiency, alternative
discussion forum. Brand new -JOIN- Help us grow!

http://www.seventrees.blogspot.com

Old December 31st 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

Garlic will not get rid of worms and it can upset a dogs stomach. You are
better off just getting wormer from the vet once you take a sample in to see
what kind of worm it is.

Celeste

ups.com...

Old December 31st 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Biscuit" wrote in message
ups.com...
.. Just seems like I have spotted a few worms in his stool
here and there,

.........what did they look like?

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old January 1st 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Biscuit

LOL

Pretty sure that they are just round worms. Sounds like maybe I should
just stick with the vet meds...

buglady wrote:
ups.com...

Old January 1st 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
mntg0101

Espicially good for keeping evil spirits away!

"Biscuit" wrote in message
ups.com...
We have a 6 month old shepherd/rottweiler mix, a "shepweiler", and the
vet gave us worm meds to dose him with during puppyhood, through a
certain age. Just seems like I have spotted a few worms in his stool
here and there, despite all the dosing. I am wondering if anyone has
had much luck with using garlic as a more natural means of prohibiting
or even preventing worms? We're a bit worried at this continual need
for worm meds, and are hoping to try something more natural to help
with these pests!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

DS

http://www.7trees.org/phpbb - Green Branch -
Politics, news, sustainability, self-sufficiency, alternative
discussion forum. Brand new -JOIN- Help us grow!

http://www.seventrees.blogspot.com

Fleas, Brewers Yeast, Garlic Joe Johnston Dog health 22 May 2nd 06 09:30 PM
Is garlic and onion good or bad for dogs? scribe Dog health 41 December 16th 05 11:13 PM
Garlic in dog's diet Rocky Dog health 3 August 17th 04 08:59 AM
Buffalo Blue Dog food Humanhere2 Dog health 13 August 14th 03 03:32 PM