Urgent Help Needed

Old August 5th 03, 05:36 PM
d-neece

Default Urgent Help Needed

Please help me if you can with information, assistance, or advice.
Let me preface this with:I have 2 wonderful dogs, Sybil and Annie. I
love them a great deal. They are a part of my family.
My husband and I moved up here to Woodbury, Connecticut last year with
our 3 kids and 2 dogs. Since then our lives have fallen apart. My
husband lost his job - the company he was working for suddenly decided
to cut expenses trimming his hours from 40 to ten. Then he fell and
destroyed his knee on the ice this past February. He still has not
fully recovered, is unable to drive and is going thru physical
therapy. Our income has dropped to a take home pay of $1900 per
month... which is not nearly enough for our family. I have not been
able to make our rent and we are being evicted after only making
partial rent payments... medical expenses, food etc are costly. My
eldest daughter at home ( we have another daughter in college in
Texas) is off to college with scholarships in a couple of weeks... so
we do not have to worry about her. We have a son who is 13 and a
daughter who is 12. I make too much for govt assistance. My husband's
disability does not yet qualify for Social Security (you have to be
disabled a year is our understanding).
We are being evicted as of August 15th with no place to go. We can
afford a place that costs about $700 or less per month. We have found
several 2 bedrooms (which will do for now) in Waterbury and Naugatuck
but none will accept pets .... especially 2 big dogs (Sybil is a chow
mix -14 years old, and Annie is a black and tan mix - about 4 years
old very sweet). On top of all this my husband lost his Mother a few
weeks ago and my Mother passed away last Feb.. We are overwhelmed. I
don't want to lose my dogs. They have been with us for so long. Annie
was a puppy when I had ovarian cancer in 2001 and she saw me thru much
of the pain... I can not bear to lose her forever. And Sybil is the
gran-matron dog -- the kids love her so much.
The question I have is: what can I do? Does anyone out there know of
a place that is within my budget that will take dogs? Or are there
groups who could foster them for a while? I can not make my kids live
in the street. I am lost for a solution since I need one so quickly.
Please help if you can. You can call me at work at 203-748-2050
Extension 109 or email me here. I do not want money or anything like
that. I am overwhelmed and need advice -badly. I spent yesterday in
tears unable to think.
I am sending this to people on a list I came up with on the internet
of Animal Foster care people for Connecticut as well as other
interested groups... this is my 2nd time to send it. Please, critical
that our families should help us... his family is in Texas and is in
shock from his Mom's sudden death. My family does not care - I
married a poor man 20 years ago so I am suffering the costs or (from
the more sympathetic ones) they are too far away. Also due to my
husband's medical expenses I honestly cannot afford more than $700 a
month, and I have $1500 in savings for the move ... thats it.

Denise Calaway

NJ - Urgent Home needed for 5year old sharpei Buckley's Mixture Dog breeds 1 September 17th 04 06:34 AM
CA: Help Needed w/Dobes Tee Dog breeds 0 October 27th 03 09:52 PM
Info on prescription diets needed please Lawrence & Bobbie Dog health 2 October 18th 03 07:22 PM
Info on prescription diets needed please Lawrence & Bobbie Dog health 0 October 18th 03 05:54 AM
Urgent Help Needed d-neece Dog rescue 0 August 5th 03 05:36 PM