Leeroy did something cute

Old January 10th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
jerryeveretts

Default Leeroy did something cute

When he gets really excited, he wants to big and chew, a very firm NO
works and he immediatly begings the licking. He will get it your face
and open his mouth and lick/bite/mouth until you yell NO, then it turns
into just licking.

Well I was using the computer in the bedroom and I noticed he was
chewing on the wooden dresser corner, I yelled NO, and he then began
licking the dresser for a good couple of minutes....

Old January 10th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky

"jerryeveretts" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

When he gets really excited, he wants to big and chew, a
very firm NO works and he immediatly begings the licking.
He will get it your face and open his mouth and
lick/bite/mouth until you yell NO, then it turns into just
licking.

Well I was using the computer in the bedroom and I noticed
he was chewing on the wooden dresser corner, I yelled NO,
and he then began licking the dresser for a good couple of
minutes....

FWIW, licking often indicates that the dog is stressed or
unsure.

Old January 10th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Rocky wrote in
:

"jerryeveretts" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

When he gets really excited, he wants to big and chew, a
very firm NO works and he immediatly begings the licking.
He will get it your face and open his mouth and
lick/bite/mouth until you yell NO, then it turns into just
licking.

Well I was using the computer in the bedroom and I noticed
he was chewing on the wooden dresser corner, I yelled NO,
and he then began licking the dresser for a good couple of
minutes....

FWIW, licking often indicates that the dog is stressed or
unsure.

That's what I was thinking.

I know it looks cute now and may work in the short run, but yelling as a
way of halting mouthing is a really bad idea in the long run.

Tara
Old January 10th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
jerryeveretts

I know it looks cute now and may work in the short run, but yelling as a
way of halting mouthing is a really bad idea in the long run.

Tara

Sorry, I only got the first part of your opinion, the part where you
tell me I am doing it wrong. my newsreader must have cut off the part
where you explain why, and what the correct thing to do is.

Old January 10th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky

"jerryeveretts" said in
rec.pets.dogs.health:

my newsreader must have cut off the part
where you explain why, and what the correct thing to do is.

I can't speak for Tara, but my earlier post was succinct because
yours was a better question/observation for
rec.pets.dogs.behavior, not the health group.

Old January 10th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"jerryeveretts" wrote in news:1168462227.830843.313160
@p59g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

I know it looks cute now and may work in the short run, but yelling as a
way of halting mouthing is a really bad idea in the long run.

Tara

Sorry, I only got the first part of your opinion, the part where you
tell me I am doing it wrong. my newsreader must have cut off the part
where you explain why, and what the correct thing to do is.

Wow. The sarcasm wasn't all that necesary....but whatever.

Try rec.pets.dogs.behavior. A tip: if, when you get there, you get
sarcastic every time someone doesn't post the way you'd like, things
probably won't go very well.

I know I didn't appreciate it much.

Tara