The 5-Minute Veterinary Consult, Canine & Feline edition

Old February 6th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy

Default The 5-Minute Veterinary Consult, Canine & Feline edition

The 5-Minute Veterinary Consult, Canine & Feline edition, is a
practitioner's textbook that is heavily used by many small animal
veterinarians on a daily basis. The book itself runs about $80-$90,
but I just discovered that it's available on line and at no charge.

https://app.vetconnect.com/5min/toc/000.htm

(now waiting to be slammed for posting spam)
Old February 6th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

Diddy,

Thanks for the link. I don't know why you would get slammed. I for one
like to have an idea of what my vet is talking about when I go see her with
problems.

Celeste

Old February 6th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

diddy wrote in
:

I do too, but I've seen many a poster offer a link that is
pertinent, useful, fun, interesting etc, and get slammed for
spamming newsgroups. seems to be a favorite hobby around here.

What you posted was not spam.

If you had a vested interest in the company, or if you were trying
to pass off your own goods or services as someone else's, as if you
were a disinterested third party, that'd be another matter. But
posting about helpful goods or services is something else entirely.
Consider it an Instant Review of sorts.

Also, thanks!

--
Shelly

My ass contemplates those who talk behind my back.
-- Francis Picabia
Old February 9th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Puddin' Man

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:24:16 -0600, diddy wrote:

The 5-Minute Veterinary Consult, Canine & Feline edition, is a
practitioner's textbook that is heavily used by many small animal
veterinarians on a daily basis. The book itself runs about $80-$90,
but I just discovered that it's available on line and at no charge.

https://app.vetconnect.com/5min/toc/000.htm

(now waiting to be slammed for posting spam)

No slam. Can't be spam if there's no $ involved.

Very interesting site. Thanks for the post.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that it might not
stay "out there" in the long-term. Bothered me enough
that I tried to determine how to download the entire
thing. Couldn't piece it together.

Skoal,
Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather
than the victim."
- Bertrand Russell

Old February 9th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
I don't know why, but I get the feeling that it might not
stay "out there" in the long-term. Bothered me enough
that I tried to determine how to download the entire
thing.

.........It's been there a while. Don't know why it would go anywhere.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old February 10th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

I don't think it's going anywhere. The original files were loaded to the
server in 2002. Although you are supposed to be a member of vet connect to
get to this it's not secure you can browse right to this link and retrieve
the information.

Celeste

Old February 11th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Puddin' Man

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:03:47 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

I don't think it's going anywhere.

Good.

The original files were loaded to the
server in 2002. Although you are supposed to be a member of vet connect to
get to this it's not secure you can browse right to this link and retrieve
the information.

So it's been publicly available on the net for 4+ years?

If it remains publicly available, I will personally
award the vet industry 14 points (for not getting it
supressed). No offence (in any way) intended.

Cheers,
Puddin'

.. .