Video: US Soldier Shoots Dog w/ M203 Grenade Launcher

Old February 21st 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
mg4586

Default Video: US Soldier Shoots Dog w/ M203 Grenade Launcher

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb

See commments:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb&c=1

Old February 21st 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

"mg4586" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb

See commments:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb&c=1

I'm not defending the soldier's actions, which is atrocious, but the whole
"war" itself is a colossal and moral mess that is squarely on the shoulders
of the blundering moron from Texas and his cohorts, and the idiot half of
the US population who voted for these morons not only once but twice. If a
certain psychotic minority of the US occupying force aren't above raping and
killing Iraqi teenage girls, they are not going to think twice about
shooting a dog. The whole war is ****ed up, pardon my French. This
atrocious behavior is just a small symptom of it. You want to condemn this
behavior, condemn the ones who started the war in the first place.

Old February 22nd 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
mg4586

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
"mg4586" wrote in message
.. .

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb

See commments:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb&c=1

I'm not defending the soldier's actions, which is atrocious, but the whole
"war" itself is a colossal and moral mess that is squarely on the shoulders
of the blundering moron from Texas and his cohorts, and the idiot half of
the US population who voted for these morons not only once but twice. If a
certain psychotic minority of the US occupying force aren't above raping and
killing Iraqi teenage girls, they are not going to think twice about
shooting a dog. The whole war is ****ed up, pardon my French. This
atrocious behavior is just a small symptom of it. You want to condemn this
behavior, condemn the ones who started the war in the first place.

Well, what's wrong with condemning individual soldiers who behave badly?
A "man" like this (and I use the term loosely) is a disgrace to
the military, to his country, and a disgrace to all who served
honorably. If he were a real man and a real soldier he would not have
taken the shot. Sure, it's "just" a dog, but if you let discipline slide
and allow the troops to do this sort of garbage then it's just the next
step to them committing atrocities against civilians (which some already
have). I served in the military, and fired plenty of these practice M203
rounds. They are heavy projectiles, encased in plastic, with orange dye
added for visual effect.

So what this dog was hit with was basically equivalent to a very heavy
slow-moving bullet. A very cruel way to end it's life; if it survived
long, if this studly man of a soldier didn't finish it off, I'm sure it
died slowly and painfully of internal injuries. I'd like to take this
chickenshit punk of a "soldier" and slam a practice M203 round against
his stupid head. And I agree, this war was a mistake from the get-go,
but that doesn't give our troops free license to behave like thugs. The
troops work for us and represent us, and we need to hold them accountable.

Old February 23rd 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
warf

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
"mg4586" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb

See commments:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0a5ee2d6eb&c=1

I'm not defending the soldier's actions, which is atrocious, but the whole
"war" itself is a colossal and moral mess that is squarely on the shoulders
of the blundering moron from Texas and his cohorts, and the idiot half of
the US population who voted for these morons not only once but twice. If a
certain psychotic minority of the US occupying force aren't above raping and
killing Iraqi teenage girls, they are not going to think twice about
shooting a dog. The whole war is ****ed up, pardon my French. This
atrocious behavior is just a small symptom of it. You want to condemn this
behavior, condemn the ones who started the war in the first place.

AS commamders in chiefs, the Queen is even superior to G.B~sh; although
they both lead by the mouth from the rear and have no combat record,
she has at least lived through a war and has asked her kin to serve in
the same place she has asked others to.
My momma could take him, so can Natalie Maines!

Pretty messed up when 1/2 a country believes 'He' is justified in
destroying a nation because their leader was 'mean'....and wouldn't hand
over the goods in a stickup.

I was visiting Panama just before his Daddy destroyed the lives of
thousands of poor and middle-class people because their 'leader' was
also mean. You cannot witness how many innocent people and animals die
or are shattered by collateral damage or direct targeting to send the
message of fear.

At least I managed to fit the word "animal" in my little expression of
disgust.
Warped.
Old February 23rd 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
warf

mg4586 wrote:
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
"mg4586" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Yep, there will always be sadists signing up for wars and hunting for
'fun'. Aside from what this **** purportedly did, it seems an odd thing
to take a normal person and brainwash them to destroy a stranger in
their homeland and then return to 'normal' civilian life! Add to that
the fact that the guys making the sacrifice seldom have any say in
it[except to not enlist] and the cowards making the decisions seldom
really take the blame.
Canada has taken a disgraceful turn from honorable defender of peace to
pro-active aggressor.
I am ashamed of that political choice, not the guys that signed on when
it was a peacekeeping role. Sure there are Canadians that are itching to

squash something defenseless to....they can also go to hell as individuals.
Did I mention some of them have pets in need of help to?
Warfed.
Old February 23rd 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

"mg4586" wrote in message
.. .
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
.. .

--

Did you not read when I said I find the soldiers' actions atrocious? My
point is you get what you sow as a citizen and voter of this country. That

Old February 23rd 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

"warf" wrote in message
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
"mg4586" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

At least the UK royal family sends their sons into front line military duty.
I'd love to see the clueless Bush girls handed M16-A2s and shoved off to
combat duty.

Dixie Chicks kick ass!

Old February 25th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Justin Wilson

I'd be a little more concerned about the innocent people that have their
heads cut off with rusty machetes by the islamo-fascists.

Old February 25th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Justin Wilson wrote:
I'd be a little more concerned about the innocent people that have their
heads cut off with rusty machetes by the islamo-fascists.

That's a pretty good example of the "ignoratio elenchi"
fallacy, as well as "appeal to emotion." It's probably also
factually incorrect that they use machetes or that the
swords they use are rusty. Or, for that matter, that the
participants in the sectarian war in Iraq are necessarily
Islamists, or fascists.

Your post is likely to appeal only to people who already
agree with you. If you'd like to convince people who don't
agree with you it might behoove you to check your facts
before you give it another shot.

But I'm always fascinated to hear how it is, exactly, that
you guys think we should conduct the war on terror or the
war in Iraq. I never would have thought of shooting dogs,
myself. No wonder it's all going so swimmingly.

If you can't say it clearly, you don't understand it yourself -- John Searle