Help with my Maltese

Old March 9th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default Help with my Maltese

My dog is an inside dog. She has been using wee-wee pads correctly
since she was trained 2 years ago. Recently, she has been doing her
business on the corners of the pads, sometimes going on the floor. It
is not awful cleaning up, but i am not sure what to do to correct this
problem. Nothing has changed in the house or the dogs environment to
add stress.
Any suggestions?
~D

Old March 9th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

My dog is an inside dog. She has been using wee-wee pads correctly
since she was trained 2 years ago. Recently, she has been doing her
business on the corners of the pads, sometimes going on the floor. It
is not awful cleaning up, but i am not sure what to do to correct this
problem. Nothing has changed in the house or the dogs environment to
add stress.

Why encourage her to go to the bathroom indoors anyway?

Old March 9th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Sharon Too wrote:

Why encourage her to go to the bathroom indoors anyway?

After two years, I would assume that the OP knows that's what works
best for them. It wouldn't be what I'd do, but the OP didn't ask
what I'd do.

To the OP, assuming there is nothing medically wrong with your dog,
you'll probably have better luck with advice if you repost your
question to rec.pets.dogs.behavior.

--
Shelly
Old March 9th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Why encourage her to go to the bathroom indoors anyway?

After two years, I would assume that the OP knows that's what works best
for them. It wouldn't be what I'd do, but the OP didn't ask what I'd do.

I was just wondering, not criticizing.

Old March 10th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:26:55 -0500, "Sharon Too"
wrote:

Why encourage her to go to the bathroom indoors anyway?

After two years, I would assume that the OP knows that's what works best
for them. It wouldn't be what I'd do, but the OP didn't ask what I'd do.

I was just wondering, not criticizing.

It's a Maltese. Lots of people with toy dogs use pee pads or papers.

Mustang Sally

Old March 10th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Kathleen

wrote:

Why encourage her to go to the bathroom indoors anyway?

After two years, I would assume that the OP knows that's what works best
for them. It wouldn't be what I'd do, but the OP didn't ask what I'd do.

I was just wondering, not criticizing.

It's a Maltese. Lots of people with toy dogs use pee pads or papers.

I would have liked to have trained my jrt to use a litterbox, being that
he hates cold and/or wet weather. However, since I already had two BCs
who were already using the outdoors for that purpose it was just tons
easier to take advantage of the fully trained behavior coaches to show
the new guy what to do. There's nothing like another dog peeing to
stimulate an immediate desire to urinate. Use your chosen phrase "Go
potty" or whatever, and praise, praise praise when its done.

4 Y/O Maltese? BE Dog rescue 1 December 23rd 06 08:52 PM
Maltese puppy blueboy77 Dog health 1 August 2nd 06 12:48 PM
Maltese or mixed? shajume Dog breeds 1 July 21st 06 12:53 PM
Papillon or Maltese? Katie Dog breeds 0 September 13th 04 08:10 AM