how did you handle losing your pet

Old March 28th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default how did you handle losing your pet

I lost my baby last night her name was teaka she is 14 years old she's
a yorkie

Ive had her almost my entire life I dont know what Im going to do
without you her...right now I just need to hear from someone who's
been in my shoes...please?

Old March 28th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
dwolf

I made a website for him.. and about a year later got another

http://www.jlfurniture.com/jasmine.html

oups.com...

Old March 29th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. They are never with us long enough. I made
a scrapbook album and put together a video of my Barney. I still cry when I
watch it.

A Tribute To Barney The Love Of My Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at7LpZxeEmc

Celeste

oups.com...

Old March 29th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

On Mar 28, 7:44 pm, "Spot" wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. They are never with us long enough. I made
a scrapbook album and put together a video of my Barney. I still cry when I
watch it.

A Tribute To Barney The Love Of My Lifehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at7LpZxeEmc

Celeste

wrote in message

oups.com...

I lost my baby last night her name was teaka she is 14 years old she's
a yorkie

Ive had her almost my entire life I dont know what Im going to do
without you her...right now I just need to hear from someone who's
been in my shoes...please?- Hide quoted text -

barney and jasmine are both so beautiful
thanks for reply guys

its just so unreal its slowly hiting me shes not here anymore
I still think im going to hear her tags click toether when she sits up
I swear my heart is broken

Old March 29th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
CDC

I cried a lot. I found myself seeing our dog out of the corner of my eye
when he wasn't there. I cried some more. After a while, we brought another
dog into our lives.

They're never with us long enough. I am so very, very sorry - it hurts so
much.

Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
oups.com...

Old March 29th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

I lost my baby last night her name was teaka she is 14 years old she's
a yorkie

I'm sorry for your loss.

Ive had her almost my entire life I dont know what Im going to do
without you her...right now I just need to hear from someone who's
been in my shoes...please?

lots of tears, time to heal and eventually getting a new dog (not to replace
the first but to help heal the heart)

Old March 29th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

wrote in news:1175119698.482920.292460
@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

I lost my baby last night her name was teaka she is 14 years old she's
a yorkie

Ive had her almost my entire life I dont know what Im going to do
without you her...right now I just need to hear from someone who's
been in my shoes...please?

I'm so sorry for your loss of Teaka. There are no words that I could write
that could make you feel better....only time will do that.

After I lost Finn, I stayed at a friend's apartment for almost a week. I
didn't want to stay here alone (even though my heart cat was still alive
then) with only the memory of him. I live in a teeeeeeny NY studio, so
there was no place I could go where I wouldn't see the spot on the floor
where he took his very last step or the indentation on the bed where he
took his last breath. I needed some distance from that.

I pretty much cried for a week. Then I cried on and off for another week.
The sniffling and eye watering at every thought of him lasted a long time.

I brought his ashes to my stepdads farm. It was one of his favorite places.
He's still sitting on the mantel by the fireplace. This summer, Ill be
bringing the ashes of my heart cat to join him....and they'll be buried
together. The field rabbits up there better watch their asses- those two
were fiery and loved to hunt :-)

Be well.

Tara
Old March 29th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

wrote:
I lost my baby last night her name was teaka she is 14 years old she's
a yorkie

Ive had her almost my entire life I dont know what Im going to do
without you her...right now I just need to hear from someone who's
been in my shoes...please?

You cry a lot, you see her out of the corner of your eye, you
think you hear her barking, you find yourself walking to
refrigerator at her feeding times, your lap and arms feel empty.
You allow yourself to grieve, no matter how much it hurts.

You remember everything you can about her. Some people make a
scrapbook, others a web site, others a video, others a journal.
Or if you already have something, you take it out and read it,
and cement the good memories in your heart, there for you to open
up and treasure in the days to come.

Eventually, you may want to adopt another dog - maybe in a day or
two, maybe in a year or two. The love you had for her is big
enough to love another one, not as a replacement, but as one with
whom you can share your life again.

My first "own dog" (as opposed to "family dog") was a chihuahua
named Tika - probably pronounced the same way as your Teaka
(tee'-kah). She was with me until she was sixteen. We've shared
our lives with four other dogs since then, two still alive.
Their only failing is that they don't live long enough.

I'm sorry for your loss.

FurPaw
--

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old March 29th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lis

On Mar 28, 6:08 pm, wrote:
I lost my baby last night her name was teaka she is 14 years old she's
a yorkie

Ive had her almost my entire life I dont know what Im going to do
without you her...right now I just need to hear from someone who's
been in my shoes...please?

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know it doesn't help now, but it may
help later, to say that the intensity and immediacy of the loss DOES
fade. You don't lose the love, but after a while, most of the time it
doesn't hurt so much as it does right now to remember it.

When my first dog died, I cried. I talked to other people who loved
her, and to other people who had pets or who had lost pets. You can't
talk about it to people who aren't pet people; they won't understand.
I've done this with every pet since. We buried Sunday in the back
yard; I don't recommend this anymore, because I've moved half a dozen
times since then. I think it's better to have a pet cremated, and
either scatter the ashes someplace that she loved, or get a nice urn.
For two of my cats, Midori and Absynthe, who were littermates, their
ashes are sitting on the bookcase they liked to perch on top of.

Eventually, you'll very likely find you're ready for a new pet to
share your life. Don't feel you're being disloyal to Teaka if/when
that happens; she'd want you to be happy. But also don't let anyone
else rush you into it, with the argument that that's the way to get
over this. It might be, for some people it is, but what matters is
what's right for you and your feelings. You'll know when you're ready.
I've usually had multiple pets, which can also be a comfort. When my
tortie kitty, Kahlua, died at age 13, she was one of four, and I never
got a successor for her. When Absynthe died, at the tender age of
four, I waited a few months and got another kitten--which put Midori's
nose out of joint, but she got over it. (She got over it a lot faster
than she got over Absynthe's loss, for sure.) And when Midori died at
age eleven, the last survivor of a sweet but not very healthy litter,
well, it's been two years that Aquavit (Absynthe's successor) and
Retsina (the Grand Old Lady of the household, at just shy of 14) have
gotten along with that hole in our household, and I just now got, not
a new cat, but a new dog.

You will get through this. It will get better. Don't let anyone tell
you how FAST you should be getting through it. Grief takes its own
time.

Lis