Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food

Old March 30th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
John Hart

Default Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food

FDA Confirms Dry Pet Food Complaints; PETA Calls for Emergency Expansion
of Recall to Include Dry Products
PETA News Conference Urges Consumers to Boycott Iams Over Possible
Recall Delay and History of Cruelty to Cats and Dogs

Press Conference tomorrow 3/30/07 Link:
http://www.marke****ch.com/News/Stor...D6322C%2D3919%
2D430D%2D82CD%2D342A6720CC32%7D&siteid=mktw&dist=n bk&symb=

Please check this web site out before you buy IAMS brand pet food.
http://www.iamscruelty.com/
They torture our friends and let them die all to test food.
There is much information here about the horrible things they do to our
friends.

John
Old March 30th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

Default Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food - FALSE FALSE FALSE

"John Hart" wrote in message

Please don't spread horrible FALSE rumors. This issue was in the works
since January. The website you posted is a PR release by PETA. This isssue
was in the works in January has nothing to do with the current recall of
canned Menu Foods
:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/29/news...rsion=20070329
16
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning letter to pet
food maker Iams about an additive in some of its products for fat dogs and
cats.

The letter, dated Jan. 8, 2007, and posted on the FDA Web site Thursday,
said that several Eukanuba-brand dry and canned pet food products made by
The Iams Company, a unit of Procter & Gamble Co. (Charts), contain chromium
tripicolinate, which is only allowed as a source of supplemental chromium in
swine feed.
Video More video
CNN's Fredricka Whitfield asks a veterinarian what pet owners should be
feeding their pets now. (March 24)
Play video

The company will take chromium tripicolinate out of future formulations of
its Eukanuba Veterinary Diets Optimum Weight Control and Restricted-Calorie
dry and canned products for obese dogs or cats, spokesman Kurt Iverson said.

He pointed out that the FDA had not ordered a recall of the products now in
pet owners' homes or on store shelves.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old March 30th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
John Hart

Looks like you did not read the linked article at CBS Marke****ch: (duh)
The FDA has confirmed DRY PET FOOD COMPLAINTS.
The article is dated MARCH 29th, 2007.
No reference to January information anywhere.
What does your education (or lack of) tell you the next step will be?
Of course if you'd like to see suspected poisen contaminated food remain
on the market,then your even sicker than you appear to be.
Maybe you work for IAMS.

FDA Confirms Dry Pet Food Complaints; PETA Calls for Emergency Expansion
of Recall to Include Dry Products
PETA News Conference Urges Consumers to Boycott Iams Over Possible
Recall Delay and History of Cruelty to Cats and Dogs

Last Update: 6:19 PM ET Mar 29, 2007

WASHINGTON, March 29, 2007 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- With
the FDA now confirming that consumers suspect dry pet food may have
sickened or killed their companion animals, PETA will hold an emergency
news conference on Friday and call on the FDA to immediately expand the
pet food recall to include all dry varieties subject to complaints until
they are chemically tested for safety. PETA will also ask the FDA to
investigate Iams in order to find out if the company knew about the
contaminated food before calling for a recall. Pennsylvania resident
Yvette Faulkner - whose cat Sassafras suffered kidney failure and had to
be euthanized and who states that Sassafras ate only Iams' dry food -
will speak at the news conference.

for further info SEE THE ARTICLE!!! ie: READ IT!!!!
Old March 30th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"John Hart" wrote in message
Looks like you did not read the linked article at CBS Marke****ch: (duh)

.........Sure did.

The FDA has confirmed DRY PET FOOD COMPLAINTS.

........Still doesn't have anything to do with the current wet food
complaints. I can't help it if you can't comprehend that.

The article is dated MARCH 29th, 2007.
No reference to January information anywhere.
What does your education (or lack of) tell you the next step will be?

..........Obviously you didn't read the CNN link I posted. It's the same
information without the PETA blather.

Of course if you'd like to see suspected poisen contaminated food remain
on the market,then your even sicker than you appear to be.
Maybe you work for IAMS.

I feed raw. Are you a PETA puke? Go away.

Old March 30th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Sharon Too" wrote in message
Once again, PETA is taking advantage of a current situation to spread
unsubstantiated fear for their own agenda. They are the only ones rubbing
their hands together with glee over this recall.

.......Boy howdy. P*sses me off! While I was searching Google last night
they were the headline in almost all the news reporting agencies. One
wonders........

Old March 30th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Old March 30th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lis

On Mar 30, 1:22 am, John Hart wrote:
[...]

for further info SEE THE ARTICLE!!! ie: READ IT!!!!http://www.marke****ch.com/News/Stor...7B50D6322C%2D3...
2D430D%2D82CD%2D342A6720CC32%7D&siteid=mktw&dist=n bk&symb=

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2627710.shtml

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday it had no plans to
suggest a wider recall to pet food companies, and veterinarians said
they have not seen a trend of animals becoming ill after eating dry
pet food.

Lis

Old March 30th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lis

[...]

That "story" is essentially a PETA press release, and PETA is the only
source cited for all of PETA's dubious claims. Yes, no doubt the FDA
has "received complaints" about suspected dry-food poisonings; at this
point, every pet owner who's aware of the situation is pretty
panicked, and ANY serious illness in a pet is going to look suspect.
Many of the anecdotal stories of dry-food-linked illness, though, do
seem to involve animal 13+ years old, an age at which dogs and
ESPECIALLY cats are very susceptible to renal failure regardless of
diet.

And it's important to remember that PETA doesn't care diddly-squat
about our pets. PETA believes that the most loved and pampered pet
would be better off dead than suffering the "humiliation" of being a
pet. And they've killed thousands of animals that trusting people
believed they were going to rehome.

PETA's holding this fear-mongering press conference because they WANT
us to have nothing at all that we can safely feed our pets.

Lis

Old March 30th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

Default FALSE Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food -

"Lis" wrote in message
oups.com...
PETA's holding this fear-mongering press conference because they WANT
us to have nothing at all that we can safely feed our pets.

........Amen! They sure captured ALL the newsfeed headlines for 12 hours
though. Why these nutjobs are news I don't know.

Old March 30th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

.......Amen! They sure captured ALL the newsfeed headlines for 12 hours
though. Why these nutjobs are news I don't know.

Ditto. It's nasty propoganda. Yet another day in my practice I've had to
hold staff over on shifts (not something they love on a Friday) just to
handle phone calls about this. These poor people are panicked and so afraid.
It's just not fair to them. PETA should be ashamed, but I know they don't
care.

the pet food recall Julia Altshuler Dog behavior 6 March 20th 07 06:23 PM
pet food recall Lydia Dog health 0 October 27th 03 08:10 PM
pet food recall Lydia Dog health 0 October 27th 03 08:10 PM
Recall - Go! Natural Pet Food [email protected] Dog activities 0 October 24th 03 03:43 PM
Recall - Go! Natural Pet Food [email protected] Dogs - general 0 October 24th 03 03:43 PM