Riley's skin problem

Old April 7th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Default Riley's skin problem

Anyone know what this is? Any over the counter stuff make it better? Like
Bag Balm? Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/2s7l3n

~Jenny (and Riley)

Old April 7th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 17:53:22 -0400, "MauiJNP" wrote:

Anyone know what this is? Any over the counter stuff make it better? Like
Bag Balm? Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/2s7l3n

It looks like sunburn.

Have a vet take a look, just to be sure.

I wouldn't try to treat this yourself, it looks pretty bad.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-r...r-dogs-ga8.htm

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Yo, Mel! Meet my black bro. Black and Right in Massachusetts. Heh.
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/221901.php
Heh. NYC Eyes Circumcision Push to Fight AIDS! Freakin' maroons.
Left-wing blogs get punked! Maroons.
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007246.htm
Top Forecaster Blasts Gore on Global Warming!
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070407/D8OBK1DG0.html
So long! Ta-ta! Somewhere Winston's weeping.
http://www.farsnews.com/plarg.php?nn=M234959.jpg
Secretary of State Nancy Pelosi’s Muddle Diplomacy:
http://austinbay.net/blog/?p=1731
Washington Post Slams Pelosi - A "Shadow Presidency" (to be filed in the "Be careful what you wish for" category)
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...residency&only
Way to go, Madame Speaker! Olmert denies peace message to Assad!
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
Gore's Global Warming Religion:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19927
Researchers Question Validity Of A 'Global Temperature':
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0315101129.htm
Liberal eco-preeners: Do as we say, not as we do!
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...599714,00.html
Danish scientist: Global warming is a myth.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Science...-012154-7403r/
Scientists threatened with death for 'climate denial'!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ngreen211.xml
The Great Global Warming Swindle - the video:
Old April 7th 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

It looks like sunburn.

wow, I would have never thought that based on the weather we've had lately.
thanks for the help. found this when I googled dog sunburn.....

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dogsartic...ogsunburn.html

Sunburn and Dog Breed....
Pale and short-hair dogs are particularly prone to sunburn, usually on the
nose, abdomen, groin, and inside of the legs. Being close to the ground,
they not only are affected by the downward sunlight, but also by sun
reflecting up from pavement or hot sand. Some breeds, like Weimaraners and
Boxers, are predisposed to cancer. Therefore, they must have extra
protection from the sunburns and UV rays to avoid a kind of skin cancer.

Have a vet take a look, just to be sure.

I wouldn't try to treat this yourself, it looks pretty bad.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-r...r-dogs-ga8.htm

thanks for the link, it has some good info and ideas

Old April 9th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Matilda

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Anyone know what this is? Any over the counter stuff make it better?
Like Bag Balm? Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/2s7l3n

~Jenny (and Riley)

No one here can tell you what this is or offer a solution. Have you thought
about taking this poor dog to a vet and getting a diagnosis?

Probably not.

Old April 9th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Anyone know what this is? Any over the counter stuff make it better?
Like Bag Balm? Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/2s7l3n

~Jenny (and Riley)

No one here can tell you what this is or offer a solution. Have you
thought about taking this poor dog to a vet and getting a diagnosis?

Probably not.

he's not my dog or he would have been at the vet when the problem first
cropped up.

so, thanks for offering no help

Old April 9th 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

"MauiJNP" wrote in
:

Anyone know what this is? Any over the counter stuff make it better?
Like Bag Balm? Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/2s7l3n

~Jenny (and Riley)

No one here can tell you what this is or offer a solution. Have you
thought about taking this poor dog to a vet and getting a diagnosis?

Probably not.

he's not my dog or he would have been at the vet when the problem first
cropped up.

so, thanks for offering no help

And apparently offereing a crap attitude to boot.

Jen, I hope Riley's nose gets better. And that you can find a home for him
as well as convince his owners to give him up once you do. He's a real
peach of a dog.

Tara
Old April 9th 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
he's not my dog or he would have been at the vet when the problem first
cropped up.

so, thanks for offering no help

Ya know - not everyone here knows everyone's history.

You posted a picture of a dog and asked for help. Nothing in your post
indicated that it wasn't your own dog. Given that, the responding post
wasn't all that rude. The person probably didn't need to add "Probably
not". And you probably didn't need to add "thanks for offering no help".

We get used to this being a group of people who have been around here for a
while and who had at least a passing knowledge of each others' dogs and the
history. But you assumed that everyone reading your request for help would
somehow automatically know who Riley is and what his relationship to you is.

Judy

Old April 9th 07, 02:38 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Do you know how long it has been this way? could be allergies, fungal/
yeast. If it was a dog that got groomed i'd think razor/clipper burn.
Have they made changes in his diet? or do they think it is no big
deal? If it is only on the snout, makes me wonder if he is rubbing
against things or when on walks or off lead? Hopefully they will take
him to the vet

Old April 9th 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health

In article 6,
Tara wrote:
Jen, I hope Riley's nose gets better. And that you can find a home for him
as well as convince his owners to give him up once you do. He's a real
peach of a dog.

Hey - maybe this skin thing can be used as an opportunity to
convince the owners to give him up. "Gosh, I don't know
what that is but skin problems can be sooooooo expensive to
diagnose and treat!"

(BTW, Riley looks like a dog that might take a shine to
bikejoring, and it's great exercise).

Old April 9th 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Ya know - not everyone here knows everyone's history.

I don't expect them to but they shouldn't make assumptions either (the
"probably not" comment that seemed to make it sound like I am the owner and
a bad one at that).

You posted a picture of a dog and asked for help. Nothing in your post
indicated that it wasn't your own dog.

because I didn't think it was relevant

Given that, the responding post wasn't all that rude. The person probably
didn't need to add "Probably not".

the part that was rude was the "probably not". if they wouldn't have added
that, my response would have been much more user friendly.

And you probably didn't need to add "thanks for offering no help".

probably not

But you assumed that everyone reading your request for help would somehow
automatically know who Riley is and what his relationship to you is.

no, I did not assume that. I did assume that it didn't mattered who owned
the dog in question when I asked for help. If I thought it mattered, I
would have included that information in my original post.

Beagle Skin Problem Brian Dog health 7 February 5th 07 12:00 AM
shitzu skin problem L.C Dog health 5 February 11th 06 06:59 AM
NEED HELP! MY DOG HAS A SKIN PROBLEM maureen espeleta Dog health 4 September 15th 03 06:38 PM
NEED HELP! MY DOG HAS A SKIN PROBLEM maureen espeleta Dog health 0 September 13th 03 04:40 PM
Skin Problem on a Pitbull-mix tgentry Dog health 2 July 2nd 03 01:19 PM