Waggin tails gets it...

Old April 28th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Default Waggin tails gets it...

.....and seems to be doing a decent job of trying to keep their consumers
informed and up to date.

For those of you not on their email list, here's an excerpt from their
latest update:

"On Monday, the 16th, when the announcement came from Blue Buffalo that
their dry kitten food was being recalled and that Royal Canin had
recalled some of their line, we responded immediately, as we have done
throughout this entire recall, by taking down ALL products made by these
manufacturers regardless of whether or not they were actually recalled.
Over the past few weeks, we have had many manufacturers accuse us of
being overly cautious by refusing to sell all items of a brand when only
specific products are thought to be dangerous. The chain of events with
Blue Buffalo and Natural Balance, where their recalled product list
expanded over time only serves to prove that our decisions are the right
ones and we will continue to act with all our pet’s safety and health as
our number 1 priority. We are shocked to see other retailers and
websites sitting by, with a business as usual attitude.

This is a horrific situation. We do believe that the problem is
becoming very clear. What initially appeared to be a problem with a
manufacturing facility, Menu Foods, has quickly changed. The real issue
here is two fold. First, cheap ingredients imported from China, a
country known to have no quality standards or regulations. Second, pet
food manufacturers willing to buy these ingredients in order to cut
costs. There is absolutely no reason to buy ingredients from China,
unless you are trying to cut costs. We would expect this from companies
known to produce economy grocery store quality pet food, but not from
ones making All Natural Holistic food. This is the responsibility of
the manufacturers named above, not a broker or importer of the actual
ingredient. It is their brand and their name on the bag or can. They
are responsible for what is inside. Their decision to source ingredients
from China is incredibly reckless and not consistent with their claims
to make healthy all natural pet products"

I tend not to buy stuff online, but I might start with these guys.

Tara

Tails of Woodstock mep Dog breeds 2 January 26th 06 06:10 AM
Do Shiba Inu's wag their tails? Cathy Dog behavior 50 December 15th 04 11:13 AM
Do Shiba Inu's wag their tails? Cathy Dog behavior 0 April 25th 04 07:44 PM