Max the Poodle has Been Put Down

Old May 11th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
allanc

Default Max the Poodle has Been Put Down

Our standard poodle Max had a serious ear infection that required the
removal of his ear canal.
The same infection was found in his other ear and we sought help from
this group.
Some members suggested that we seek the advice of a holistic vet.
This proved to be the answer as Max's other ear was saved and this
prevented him from being deaf at any early age.

This was many years ago and Max has since led a healthy long life.
We had to put Max down last night because he was in an enormous amount
of pain. The vet thinks he had a tumour near his spleen.
Max would have been 13 years old in June.

We would like to thank this group for its help in giving us many years
of love and companship with Max.
It is time for me to try to sleep and hopefully I will have pleasant
dreams of my favourite poodle. We miss him terribly.

Old May 11th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Lilah Morgan

You gave Max a great gift, no more pain. I'm sure his spirit is running
around somewhere now, enjoying not hurting anymore. I remember putting down
our dog we had for over 10 years(knew her since she was born) because she
had cancer and other health problems. The hurt never entirely goes away, but
it won't always be as constant as it is now.

Old May 11th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"allanc" wrote in message
ups.com...
We had to put Max down last night because he was in an enormous amount
of pain. The vet thinks he had a tumour near his spleen.
Max would have been 13 years old in June.

.........I'm so sorry. The older they are the harder it is to let them
leave.

My condolences
buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old May 12th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

This was many years ago and Max has since led a healthy long life.
We had to put Max down last night because he was in an enormous amount
of pain. The vet thinks he had a tumour near his spleen.
Max would have been 13 years old in June.

I am sorry to hear about Max and I hope you find some comfort knowing that
he is not feeling any pain.

Old May 12th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Many Dogs \(flick\)

"allanc" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our standard poodle Max had a serious ear infection that required the
removal of his ear canal.
The same infection was found in his other ear and we sought help from
this group.
Some members suggested that we seek the advice of a holistic vet.
This proved to be the answer as Max's other ear was saved and this
prevented him from being deaf at any early age.

This was many years ago and Max has since led a healthy long life.
We had to put Max down last night because he was in an enormous amount
of pain. The vet thinks he had a tumour near his spleen.
Max would have been 13 years old in June.

We would like to thank this group for its help in giving us many years
of love and companship with Max.
It is time for me to try to sleep and hopefully I will have pleasant
dreams of my favourite poodle. We miss him terribly.

Godspeed, Max.

flick 100785

Old May 13th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
A. Brain

"allanc" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our standard poodle Max had a serious ear infection that required the
removal of his ear canal.
The same infection was found in his other ear and we sought help from
this group.
Some members suggested that we seek the advice of a holistic vet.
This proved to be the answer as Max's other ear was saved and this
prevented him from being deaf at any early age.

This was many years ago and Max has since led a healthy long life.
We had to put Max down last night because he was in an enormous amount
of pain. The vet thinks he had a tumour near his spleen.
Max would have been 13 years old in June.

We would like to thank this group for its help in giving us many years
of love and companship with Max.
It is time for me to try to sleep and hopefully I will have pleasant
dreams of my favourite poodle. We miss him terribly.

As one who has been through this, may I
highly recommend that you do what I did?

A few weeks after my beloved "Simon"
died (he had a rare fribrosarcoma),
I went out to the SPCA and met a lot
of really cool dogs. Then on one visit,
I found a little guy who could be Simon's
little brother or cousin. So I named
him "Stuart". He's been with me for
seven wonderful years now. Take
a look at his "make-over":

http://stuartdog.home.att.net/

Sorry for your loss. I am a big fan
of standard poodles and would have
one except my condo has a (totally
unreasonable) 15 pound weight limit.

--
A. Brain

Remove NOSPAM for email.

Old May 15th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
allanc

On May 13, 12:23 am, "A. Brain" wrote:
"allanc" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Remove NOSPAM for email.- Hide quoted text -

On the weekend, we were cleaning up the gardens and grass in front of
our house.
Two black poodles (a standard and toy) walked by.
The standard reminded us of Max and a black cloud immediately covered
both of us.

We do have another dog (4 year old border collie) who we love very
much.
I find myself thinking of Max many times every day - especially at
feeding.

At this point, the loss is too 'raw'.
My better half is thinking of a poodle cross - possibly with a lab.
But, I think we are going to wait a while before we make a decision to
get another dog (or not).

Old May 15th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"allanc" wrote in message
ups.com...
But, I think we are going to wait a while before we make a decision to
get another dog (or not).

.......dogs mourn too, so your other pup needs extra attention for a while.
And when you're ready for a dog, one will appear.