What are the ingredients of Abady dog food ?

Old May 12th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Edward[_2_]

Default What are the ingredients of Abady dog food ?

Would anyone have a complete list of the ingredients ?

Thank you
Old May 12th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Edward" wrote in message
Would anyone have a complete list of the ingredients ?

.........uhm, you're on the computer - Google abady. When you have the
company website, email them and ask if the contents of the bag are different
from the label on the bag. There can be a 6 month lag between the two if
the forumulation has changed, and unfortunately as we have seen, those
companies who manufacture pet food feel free to toss in whatever they want.
So you need to ASK them what's in it.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old May 12th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article . net,
buglady wrote:
........uhm, you're on the computer - Google abady.

I remembered trying to find something about Abady within the
past couple of years and what I found is that they didn't
have a website. So, I just checked again and found that
they do have a website but that they don't describe their
products or what's in them. What they have instead is a
collection of essays that make them sound like a bunch of
wacko conspiracy freaks - the sorts of people who label real
science "junk science" and then come up with a big load of
nonsense instead ("[allergies] are caused *entirely* by
commercial diets" - emph. added). Maybe they're not
anti-science but you wouldn't know it from their website.
More importantly, you won't know much of anything about the
contents of their feeds from their website.

The Dog Food Project has 3.5-year-old information on the
contents of Abady feeds, though.
http://forums.dogfoodproject.com/sho...=true#Post3 2
They look good but the bottom line is always, always, always
how the food does when being given to your dog, and I
wouldn't be comfortable buying dog food from a company I
think is nuts.

Old May 12th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Robin Nuttall

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article . net,

I remembered trying to find something about Abady within the
past couple of years and what I found is that they didn't
have a website. So, I just checked again and found that
they do have a website but that they don't describe their
products or what's in them. What they have instead is a
collection of essays that make them sound like a bunch of
wacko conspiracy freaks - the sorts of people who label real
science "junk science" and then come up with a big load of
nonsense instead ("[allergies] are caused *entirely* by
commercial diets" - emph. added). Maybe they're not
anti-science but you wouldn't know it from their website.
More importantly, you won't know much of anything about the
contents of their feeds from their website.

Yeah, they're the ones that do the ads in the dog magazines that are an
entire page of teeny, tiny print full of rambling nonsense. I'd never
trust their foods just because they sound like whack jobs.
Old May 12th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
bethgsd

Default What are the ingredients of Abady dog food ?, now OT

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message news:wnl1i.49493

Yeah, they're the ones that do the ads in the dog magazines that are an
entire page of teeny, tiny print full of rambling nonsense. I'd never
trust their foods just because they sound like whack jobs.

Robin,

Are you in the area of Mo that is flooding? (I do have you in the correct
state I hope.)
I've thought of you and HJM when I see the stories on areas of Mo. flooding.

Back on topic, isn't Abady the company that used to have ads about dogs not
hunting grains?

Beth

Old May 12th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
I wouldn't be comfortable buying dog food from a company I
think is nuts.

Pretty durned picky, ain't ya?

I've got to admit - I'm a little impressed by the statement from Natura/Evo
that they are planning to build their own wet food plant so that they have
better control over the food that they're responsible for. I'm happy
feeding Canidae but I just might have to look into Natura/Evo stock.
Probably though the stockholders made out a whole lot better owning shares
in the companies that could make all their profit with even cheaper
ingredients than we thought they had.

Judy

Old May 12th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Judy wrote:
I'm happy
feeding Canidae but I just might have to look into Natura/Evo stock.

I think Natura Pet Products is privately held.

Probably though the stockholders made out a whole lot better owning shares
in the companies that could make all their profit with even cheaper
ingredients than we thought they had.

Well, I don't know. I gather that a lot of the day-to-day
volatility comes from people who are technical traders,
which means that they really aren't paying much attention
to the "whys" of stock movement. But the people who trade
on fundamentals and are interested in pet food companies
will read the newspaper, notice that there's been a lot of
coverage recently of the flock to organic and raw feeds, and
make decisions accordingly. Personally, I find too much of
what goes on in equity markets to be too irrational and so I
tend to come down on the side of the technical traders.

Old May 12th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
In article . net,
they do have a website but that they don't describe their
products or what's in them.

.........well, that would be it for me. Why bother with a website if you're
not going to tell people what's in the food and give them a way to contact
you. Maybe I'll bug them out of principle. ;-)

Old May 12th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Robin Nuttall

bethgsd wrote:

Are you in the area of Mo that is flooding? (I do have you in the correct
state I hope.)

Yes. But very little in Columbia is flooding. This is mostly major-river
flooding. All of the small towns on the river (which runs about 10-15
miles from here, west and then south) have been sandbagged, and we do
have some roads closed but this is absolutely nothing like the flood of
93. It's a big crest but it's not long-lasting and some big levees broke
upstream, which is bad for those people but means the river isn't quite
as high here as predicted.

The "flooding" we have around here this weekend is college graduation.
We have over 60,000 students, and all 3 colleges graduate their classes
this weekend then they will (almost) all be gone. Gone, gone, gone for
the summer. This is such a *great* place in the summer time!
Old May 12th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Robin Nuttall

Judy wrote:

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

I wouldn't be comfortable buying dog food from a company I
think is nuts.

Pretty durned picky, ain't ya?

I've got to admit - I'm a little impressed by the statement from Natura/Evo
that they are planning to build their own wet food plant so that they have
better control over the food that they're responsible for.

Natura is a private company I believe. One of the reasons I switched to
the Evo is not just the above, but that the owner made a video right
after the first announcement and put it up on the website so that (as he
stated) people could put a face with their company name.