Purina has had no dog food recalls ?

Old May 15th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Edward[_2_]

Default Purina has had no dog food recalls ?

I asked my vet about which were the best dog food and she said Purina
dog food has had no recalls.
Can anyone attest to this ?

Thanks

Edward
Old May 15th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

http://www.purina.com

--
Shelly
Old May 15th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Edward wrote:
I asked my vet about which were the best dog food and she said Purina
dog food has had no recalls.

That's not true - Alpo and Mighty Dog have been recalled.
But anyway, while you may prefer not to do business with a
company whose food has been recalled, there are other
considerations beyond "won't poison your pet." Ingredient
quality, macro- and micronutrient balance, and so on, all
matter. But the bottom line is which food your dog does
best on when he's actually being fed it.

Old May 15th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Edward wrote:
Like ask the cat if he ate the canary or not ?

I expect that manufacturers will have accurate recall information on
their own websites. I don't expect a whole lot more of some of
them, but that much, I think they can be trusted with. Even if you
disagree with me, it's a logical place to start.

--
Shelly
Old May 15th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

Edward wrote:

Were Alpo and Mighty dog bought out by Purina ?

That, too, is information that could be easily answered by a trip to
Purina's website.

--
Shelly
Old May 16th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Edward[_2_]

Sorry I thought it was clearly obvious I was looking for a unbiased
report.
Not bloodly likely I would go to their site for that.

Edward

Old May 16th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Edward wrote:
Sorry I thought it was clearly obvious I was looking for a unbiased
report.
Not bloodly likely I would go to their site for that.

Huh. I would go directly to their site, and then I'd try to
verify what was posted there. If there was insufficient
information (i.e. if they failed to mention anything about
the recalls) I'd check with the FDA.

What do you think would happen to Purina if they lied about
whether or not any of their feeds had been recalled?

Old May 16th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

Edward wrote in news:n9gk43lt190l0fg8nndekq9fkvehntg70a@
4ax.com:

Sorry I thought it was clearly obvious I was looking for a unbiased
report.
Not bloodly likely I would go to their site for that.

Since when is the FACT that two foods are, or are not, owned by a certain
company "biased" information?

Tara