Rapid Onset

Old May 24th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Bill Rose

Default Rapid Onset

Three month ago, the vet gave my 6 year old German Shepherd a clean bill
of health. Six weeks ago she became reticent about jumping into the back
of my small truck. Now when people walk down the street she sits on our
front porch and barks hello instead of running to the fence as she used
to do. It seems awfully rapid to be dysplasia. Any other ideas?

- Bill

Old May 24th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Bill Rose wrote:
Three month ago, the vet gave my 6 year old German Shepherd a clean bill
of health. Six weeks ago she became reticent about jumping into the back
of my small truck. Now when people walk down the street she sits on our
front porch and barks hello instead of running to the fence as she used
to do. It seems awfully rapid to be dysplasia. Any other ideas?

I wouldn't rule out back problems, either. There's a lot
that can go wrong through the back, hips, and knees - I'd
take her to see someone who knows about doggie orthopedia.

Old May 24th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Bill Rose" wrote in message
Three month ago, the vet gave my 6 year old German Shepherd a clean bill
of health. Six weeks ago she became reticent about jumping into the back
of my small truck.

.........well, 3 months ago is three months ago. Obviously something
happened in between. If you have no reason to suspect something like Lyme
disease and there are no other symptoms, perhaps time to persue it if it's
not getting any better.

buglady
take out the dog before replying