Bud the "bulldog" crosses America in 1903

Old October 12th 03, 10:11 PM
michae.l

Default Bud the "bulldog" crosses America in 1903

Hello fans,

I'm watching the PBS special on the first automobile crossing of the
United States. The drivers picked up a "bulldog" in Idaho for $15 and he
accompanied them for the rest of the trip.

If this were not a postive story, the dog would be labeled a pitbull,
because that's clearly what he is.

Today, that dog would be seized and executed in many locations along the
cross country route, including Cleveland, where the automobile was made.

this is michael
reporting live...
http://dogtv.com

Old October 13th 03, 02:54 AM
Shelley

OK, So I never read things that michael usually writes, but I must say... I
watched this program last week and it really was fascinating. If you have a
chance to see it, do so. IT's about the first road trip across the US.

--
Shelley & Rusty
http://www.bump.us/rusty

news

Old October 16th 03, 01:16 AM
Jazz

I watched it too. It was simply a great story. I loved it that 'BUD' got to
go along. I was also amazed that they paid $15.00 for him, simply because
that was quite a bit of money in those days! I kept trying to point him out
to my dog, but he has no interest in TV.