How do I instill fear in a dog?

Old July 9th 07, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

Default How do I instill fear in a dog?

My brother's Yorkshire Terrier has bitten me three
times in the past two months and I've had enough of
it. I've done everything possible to placate it, and
all the talk about curing with kindness is rubbish. As
he refuses to get rid of it I want to, need to break
its spirit. What can I do to make a dog fear me, I
mean really fear me. I don't mind beating it but don't
want it to turn ferocious. I want it to quiver in fear
every time it sees me. Let it hate as long as it
fears. I know this sounds cruel but you didn't have to
have four stitches in your leg.

Old July 9th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
buglady

wrote in message
ps.com...
I don't mind beating it but don't
want it to turn ferocious. I want it to quiver in fear
every time it sees me.

.......the best way to do this is, every time you see the dog, hit yourself
over the head with a 2 X 4. If the dog does not leave your presence
immediately keeping hitting yourself. Do not fail to do this one time, or
the lesson will be ruined.

Old July 9th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

On 9 Jul, 11:42, "buglady" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...
I don't mind beating it but don't

want it to turn ferocious. I want it to quiver in fear
every time it sees me.

......the best way to do this is, every time you see the dog, hit yourself
over the head with a 2 X 4. If the dog does not leave your presence
immediately keeping hitting yourself. Do not fail to do this one time, or
the lesson will be ruined.

Thanks for your suggestion; it obviously worked for you because you
are just as obviously braindead.

If i can't instill fear in this dog within a week or two I'm going to
poison it with warfarin, so please make your next suggestion more
intelligent.

have a nice day.

Old July 9th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

On 9 Jul, 16:27, Dan S.
wrote:
wrote :

My brother's Yorkshire Terrier has bitten me three
times in the past two months and I've had enough of
it. I've done everything possible to placate it, and
all the talk about curing with kindness is rubbish. As
he refuses to get rid of it I want to, need to break
its spirit. What can I do to make a dog fear me, I
mean really fear me. I don't mind beating it but don't
want it to turn ferocious. I want it to quiver in fear
every time it sees me. Let it hate as long as it
fears. I know this sounds cruel but you didn't have to
have four stitches in your leg.

A dog will usually bite out of fear. Are you nervous around dogs?
Your best bet it to ignore it (i.e. don't try to be its friend in any
way) or move in with your brother so the dog will become used to you.

--

We both live at home with our parents. I'm not the least bit nervous
or dogs, we had one before, but this one is just evil. I've tried

Old July 10th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
Dan S.

on 7/9/2007, supposed :
On 9 Jul, 16:27, Dan S.
wrote:
wrote :

[...]

I say again ... dogs usually bite out of fear ... your desire to
instill fear is counter-productive, as it is already afraid of you.
Dogs are domesticated. That is, they have been bred to live amoungst
people. Your actions will determine how the dog reacts. But, rest
assured, that whatever it is that you *have* been doing, it is already
afraid of you. You want to gain its trust. But, obviously, whatever
it is that you have been doing in the past is not the way. Have a nice
day.

--

Yours,
Dan S.

Correct spelling, in all its forms, is an abomination to the
right-minded amoung us.

Old July 11th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
doglinks

What a funny question that you pose... how to instill fear in a dog
because he bit you.

So you think that if he's afraid of YOU, he won't come close to you.
Hum.. that's a human's way of looking at it. Think what the dog would
think.

The reason he's biting you because he fears you already! He's
protecting himself before you instill pain in him.

I suggest that this dog be put away in another room while you are
visiting. This, of course, is to protect the dog!

/Natalie

Old July 11th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

I say again ... dogs usually bite out of fear ... your desire to
instill fear is counter-productive, as it is already afraid of you.
Dogs are domesticated. That is, they have been bred to live amoungst
people. Your actions will determine how the dog reacts. But, rest
assured, that whatever it is that you *have* been doing, it is already
afraid of you. You want to gain its trust. But, obviously, whatever
it is that you have been doing in the past is not the way. Have a nice
day.

As you say USUALLY. Thanks for all the empathy in this group; perhaps
rape victims deserve it too?

Nor do I take kindly to the suggestion that I am at fault and should
avoid an animal in the house I grew up in. This animal is just plain
evil. I think I'll enjoy killing it. I bought some poison this
morning.

Old July 11th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.misc
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 7:40 am, wrote:

As you say USUALLY. Thanks for all the empathy in this group; perhaps
rape victims deserve it too?

Nor do I take kindly to the suggestion that I am at fault and should
avoid an animal in the house I grew up in. This animal is just plain
evil. I think I'll enjoy killing it. I bought some poison this
morning.

Since you and your brother still live at home, I'm assuming that
you're both still children (high-school age or younger) and you don't
have a job that would allow you to just pick up and move out. Nor
should you have to! You're correct that you shouldn't be chased out of
your own home. And since you're still a child, you absolutely should
not be making the decision to re-home a dog, euthanize a dog, train a
dog, or poison a dog. Your mum and dad (if you have a dad) should be
taking care of your health and well-being (prioritizing you over the
dog), and should be making these decisions. There's no way in hell my
parents would have let me get bit twice by a dog, much less three
times to the point of needing stiches. I think that's terrible. Before
you poison the dog, tell your mum what you plan to do and see what she
says. Also, I don't know anything about British law, but I'm assuming
that poisoning a dog is illegal and since you've admitted your guilt
in writing over the Internet, you could get into some serious trouble.

By the way, did you really think you'd get instructions on how to
mistreat a dog from a newsgroup full of dog-lovers???

Amy