Please Sign For Tobey

Old September 5th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
^Tooth^

Default Please Sign For Tobey

Please, fellow animal lovers, keep spreading the word.
Overload the Petition Site with signatures for Toby. This CANNOT go
unpunished.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/699548452

Please send to everyone you know. These monsters cannot get away with this.
Tobey's torture was more violent than was originally reported! I think even
a sub-human would have a hard time comprehending how 3 KIDS could even
THINK, let alone DO something so sadistic, so viciously torture, and
mutilate this poor puppy. TOBEY WAS ONLY 5 MONTHS OLD!!!

3 boys held in puppy's fatal torture
Web Posted: 08/31/2007 02:08 AM CDT Roger Croteau Express-News

Guadalupe County prosecutors are vowing to throw the book at three boys
charged with torturing and killing a puppy that had been given to a
neighbor's teenage daughter a few months ago.

"I was sickened, all of us were absolutely sickened," said Guadalupe County
Attorney Elizabeth Murray-Kolb. "They found the easiest target, a friendly
little dog. They were seen petting it."

The boys, ages 12, 14 and 16, took the 5-month-old Pomeranian mix named
Tobey on Tuesday to an abandoned house on Glenewinkel Road in Geronimo. What
followed was a sadistic scene of torture and mutilation, according to
officials at the Sheriff's Department and County Attorney's office.

They said the boys took the dog to the second floor of the house and twice
threw it out a window, breaking its legs. Then they used a rope to hang the
dog from a tree by its broken hind legs and used a lighter to burn its
genitals.

"They got a board with nails sticking out of it and used the dog as a
piñata," Murray-Kolb said. Finally, they used a folding pocketknife to
decapitate Toby. Murray-Kolb said she did not know if the dog was dead or
alive when its head was cut off.
A deputy was called to the abandoned house by a neighbor, who reported
suspicious activity at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. The deputy found the boys
and noticed blood on their clothes, said Guadalupe County Sheriff's
Department Lt. Kevin Jordan. The deputy then found the decapitated dog,
still hanging by its hind legs from the tree.

The three boys are all charged with animal cruelty resulting in death. If
tried as adults, they could receive two years in jail and a fine for the
state jail felony. But as juveniles, they could be locked up at a Texas
Youth Commission facility until they turn 19. That's what officials hope to
do.

"These boys are a danger to the community," said Assistant County Attorney
Nan Udell, who will prosecute the case. "We want society to be protected as
long as we have the ability to protect it. As children, the goal is always
rehabilitation. I don't know if that's possible here."

"The only remorse I've seen is they are sorry they got caught," Udell said.
County Court-at-Law Judge Linda Jones on Wednesday ordered all three boys to
be detained in the Seguin juvenile lockup for 10 days, until their next
mandated court hearing.

The killing shocked the dog's owners. "Toby was a "very playful, cute little
puppy," said Lenora Tavera. She said the dog was a gift from a friend to
her 16-year-old daughter, Stephanie, a couple of months ago. Toby had a
habit of escaping from their fenced yard to play with neighbors and their
dogs. Tavera said her daughter "knows one of the boys. She couldn't believe
they would do that to a dog."
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8v...M2ZmN2IuaHRtbA

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/cri...ies/MYSA083107

Old September 5th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Michael A. Ball

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:53:30 -0400, "^Tooth^"
wrote:

Please, fellow animal lovers, keep spreading the word.
Overload the Petition Site with signatures for Toby. This CANNOT go
unpunished.

Yes, it can, and probably will go unpunished. Society isn't concerned.
At least one person watched, as this happened to Toby--a most
defenseless dog. Any onlookers are just as worthless as the culprits,
IMHO.

I just discovered "trunking", so this doesn't disturb me too much right
at the moment.

Still, I do believe people who do this sort of thing to dogs, or watch,
ought to end up the same way: tortured to death and beheaded--regardless
of their age or anything else.

This sort of thing is going to happen, until we, as a society, make it
too damn dangerous to harm a dog. People should fear abusing a dog, more
than they fear their own excruciating death. We should be hunting dog
abusers! I assure you, I'm hunting them.

________________________
Whatever it takes.
Old September 11th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
aprilviolet

Hi, have signed am also at www.care2.com Jennifer.

Old September 19th 07, 06:18 PM
Stella01904 Stella01904 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilviolet View Post
On Sep 6, 12:38 am, Michael A. Ball wrote:[color=blue][i]
wrote:

Please, fellow animal lovers, keep spreading the word.
Overload the Petition Site with signatures for Toby. This CANNOT go
unpunished.

Yes, it can, and probably will go unpunished. Society isn't concerned.
At least one person watched, as this happened to Toby--a most
defenseless dog. Any onlookers are just as worthless as the culprits,
IMHO.
First, I would like to say that I live in Seguin, and the county attorney has promised to prosecute this case vigorously. She is in a very difficult position though, between the public outrage and what the law actually provides for: the act was committed the day before the new animal cruelty law went into effect. So they will be charged using the old animal cruelty law. BUT IT IS STILL IMPORTANT TO KEEP GETTING SIGNATURES ON THE PETITION! This is not something to be forgotten and tossed aside when the next atrocity occurs
(which it already has, BTW):
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/help-bring-her-justice
(and the creep who crucified cats in Universal City - Texas has a LOT of work to do.)
Just so everyone knows we haven't stopped paying attention.

As far as onlookers, I don't think there were any. I met the lady who called the cops. She tells me the oldest boy is just psycho, he'd been seen throwing knives at his own dog. When she saw him and the others taking the dog, she called the police right away. Nobody stood and watched or just let it happen. She'd heard of the petition and asked me how to find it so she could sign.
I don't think anyone in that neighborhood, or anyplace else for that matter, wants these boys coming back.

The law only provides for so much in these cases, though, even under the new law they could not be held forever and certainly not given the death penalty, like a lot of people seem to want. We are not living in that kind of country. Still, we need to be looking at these cases very carefully.

Last edited by Stella01904 : September 19th 07 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo :blushes:

Funny dog sign JohnZhang Dog health 0 July 9th 07 06:40 PM
Funny dog sign JohnZhang Dog behavior 0 July 9th 07 06:40 PM
A Very Good Sign White Monkey Dog behavior 0 September 25th 05 08:36 AM
Yard Sign Man phillydog Dog behavior 0 September 26th 03 06:04 PM
Yard Sign Man phillydog Dog behavior 0 September 26th 03 06:04 PM