Has anyone started their own Rescue

Old August 8th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
canine-art-with-heart

Default Has anyone started their own Rescue

As their is no Border Collie rescue group in my area, I am planning on
setting up up. Initially as an information/help/breed education type
service, until I can get a group of people willing to be foster
carers, I am going to approach local all breed groups/shelters/pounds
and hopefully they will be amenable to me helping with border collies
that they get in, re-directing suitable adoptees to them etc. This
would also allow any fundraising that I do to go to a recognised
charity/shelter rather than me having to shell out for the expense of
all that side of things (lawyers fees etc to become incorporated).

I know there are a million things to consider, so I am not jumping in
feet first. I plan to take it slowly and just do what I can, so that
I can still be doing this in 10 years rather than burning out in the
first 12 months.

Anyone else involved in rescue, or started a small private rescue care
to share their experience and/or advice?

Thanks

Michelle
www.petartist.com.au