So What IS She?

Old July 10th 03, 08:01 PM
DogStar716

Default So What IS She?

Too small for Rottie x Husky, no

I don't think there are only two breeds in there, so something else or two
could have sized her down.

Dogstar716
Come see Gunnars Life: http://hometown.aol.com/dogstar716/index.html

Old July 10th 03, 08:01 PM
DogStar716

How about chow/rottie.

I was noticing she is very straight in the back end. Could be..

Old July 11th 03, 12:32 AM
WhansaMi

I'm still curious about what breeds make up my little MacKenzie. Last
thread,
it was left at a definite "not basenji." But not too many people responded.

Let's try this again. What do you guys think?
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/kenzie.html

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Last updated June 27 at 10:00 a.m.

My grandmother used to have a Manchester Terrier. She reminds me of that dog.
Of course, she is bigger, but she definitely is similar.

Sheila
Old July 11th 03, 01:52 AM
Shelly & The Boys

"Leah" -OFF wrote in message
I'm still curious about what breeds make up my little MacKenzie. Last

thread,
it was left at a definite "not basenji." But not too many people

responded.

Let's try this again. What do you guys think?
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/kenzie.html

She's cute...my guess is some sort of Rottie mixed with something
a bit smaller. Her tail is sort of like what I've seen on an undocked
Rottie, sort of thick & long, and sort of curved.
Her ears are sort of Rottie-ish, but too large. She's not overly
angulated, so I'd leave out GSD...and she's fairly small.
Hmmm...it's a mystery!
Shelly & The Boys

Old July 11th 03, 01:55 AM
Shelly & The Boys

"Tara O." wrote in message
I would guess a type of sled dog mixed with a type of Pincher(sp) whether
Min. or Doberman. I don't see any Rottie except in coloring similarity

but
they aren't the only breed that is black w/tan points.

Her ears look Rottie-ish to me, only with something a bit bigger
thrown in, and making them stick out--maybe it's the placement
on her head.
Andher eyes are quite round and spaced like a Rotts.
Hard to say. There are those dogs sometimes that are just
so many things that you can't pinpoint it.
Shelly & The Boys

Old July 11th 03, 02:33 AM
Tricia9999

Again, there is a 'great' possibility that there are more than just 2 breeds
in her make-up which would have us all guessing for ever.

EXACTLY. More likely a probability of that. Probably a mix x mix. The
assumption that it is purebred x pruebred tends to mess up lots of guesses.
Old July 11th 03, 04:04 AM
Theresa Willis

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:26:35 +0000 (UTC),
(Melanie L Chang) wrote:

Leah -OFF) wrote:

: Let's try this again. What do you guys think?
:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/kenzie.html

Looks like a Rott mix to me. It occurs to me that since Rotts are
usually docked, there has been no selection for any particular tail shape
in the breed and therefore I don't see any reason why a Rott couldn't
have a curled tail.

Hmm. Still looks stolen to me.

--Terri & Harlan
--
When I'M trying to get somebody fired, I always walk a mile in their
shoes first. That way, when I get them fired and they get all angry
Old July 11th 03, 12:37 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Rocky" wrote in message
Shelly & The Boys said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I've seen a couple of advertisements in a local agriculture
newspaper for sale as started sheep/working dogs, but have
never actually seen one.

I've only seen one on TV, herding cattle. IIRC, he did better
than most of the ACDs and the single aussie -- which was why I
was watching the show, I'd never seen an aussie on cattle
before.

I've not watched any cattle trials/tests before. If we can get
the whole "finding a trainer that's not forever & a day away"
under control, then hopefully we can iron out some of the
things so we can enter our first trial later this fall (On sheep).
They are going to have cattle there, so hopefully I can watch
then. I don't know if I'd ever want to trial on cattle, my dog seems
to be just about the right height to get a swift kick in the noggin'.
Shelly & The Boys