Come meet the Greyhounds!

Old July 12th 03, 05:55 AM
BonnieTheCollie

Default Come meet the Greyhounds!

*Gentile Breed

That's a relief. One Jewish Princess dog is enough for me. Max is a
Baptist.
Greyhounds are one of those "love it, but could never own it" breeds for me.
The off leash thing - on the other hand, they are so soft and nice to pet.

Jana

Old July 12th 03, 02:17 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 12 Jul 2003, misty opined:

Not Mary, obviously, but I do live in Iowa too..

Whereabouts? Just curious. I grew up in Atlantic and Vallisca

I would guess you were seeing entrants for this:
[http://www.good-guys.com/events/even...entID=HEART03]

That looks right. I really couldn't believe all the classic cars. I pulled
into a gas station up by clear lake, one with 12 pumps for cars (more for
trucks), and I was the only non-classic car tanking it up.

Thankfully, I was nowhere near the Interstates on that holiday. Safe
and snug in my itty country outpost ;-) Great town fireworks and lots
of family.

Sounds grand.

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

'Safe to use around pets and children, although it
is not recommended that either be permitted to drink
from toilet.' -- 'bowl fresh' toilet cleaner warning
label

Old July 12th 03, 04:15 PM
misty

Chad wrote:

Whereabouts? Just curious. I grew up in
Atlantic and Vallisca

I'm in the East and towards the middle of Iowa if that makes sense.
Oxford Jct. is about 30+ miles from anywhere..to the NW Cedar Rapids, to
the SE..the Quad Cities , Maquoketa isn't too far away nor is Tipton.

I'm originally from Charlotte.. horse country! Then we moved to the
Quad Cities (say from 2nd grade to HS graduation) but some of us managed
to move out and away from the nasty big city ;-) OJ is my oldest sis'
hubby's hometown.. so everyone is related and everyone knows me as "so
and so's sister". Someday it will be "The MillRats' Mom". I can just
see my 3 and all their cousins terrorizing the countryside once old
enough ;-)

OJ is a mile away... just close enough to walk to yet still be in the
country. The Wapsi River is just a block away, close enough to see from
my kitchen window but, since we're on a hill, we'll never flood.

Zelda is sun bathing right now. Lying on the front stoop and soaking up
the sun after what seems like months of rain. Last weeknd we took her
swimming at the river and I have a bunch of pix of her. I take more of
her than of my boys! Maybe later today I'll be able to share them.

~misty N~Zelda

Old July 12th 03, 05:00 PM
Dimpled Chad

On 12 Jul 2003, misty opined:

I'm in the East and towards the middle of Iowa if that makes sense.
Oxford Jct. is about 30+ miles from anywhere..to the NW Cedar Rapids, to
the SE..the Quad Cities , Maquoketa isn't too far away nor is Tipton.

Sure. I went to college at Grinnell.
Cool.
Chad

Old July 13th 03, 12:24 AM
Chris Jung

"Dimpled Chad" wrote in message
On 12 Jul 2003, misty opined:

I'm in the East and towards the middle of Iowa if that makes sense.
Oxford Jct. is about 30+ miles from anywhere..to the NW Cedar Rapids, to
the SE..the Quad Cities , Maquoketa isn't too far away nor is Tipton.

Sure. I went to college at Grinnell.
Cool.
Chad

And I grew up in southeast Iowa - born in Burlington and lived in the dinky
little town of Mediapolis (pop 1,500). Went to Iowa State for my
undergraduate degree.

I was just through your (Misty's) neck of the woods when we drove from
Burlington to Stockholm, WI. And Chad, I can't remember if I told you I
have a good friend who lives in Cumberland, Iowa - just SE of Atlantic.

Chris and her two smoothies and one scruffy
Zeffie, Pablo and Bode

Old July 13th 03, 03:18 AM
misty

Chris Jung wrote:

And I grew up in southeast Iowa - born in
Burlington and lived in the dinky little
town of Mediapolis (pop 1,500). Went to
Iowa State for my undergraduate
degree.

I had a HS Journalism teacher who came from Mediapolis! Karen...?? She
got married during the school year.. so either her Maiden name was
Burgess or that's her married name now... I think.. HS was a few years
ago g

I was just through your (Misty's) neck of
the woods when we drove from
Burlington to Stockholm, WI. And Chad,
I can't remember if I told you I have a
good friend who lives in Cumberland,
Iowa - just SE of Atlantic.

We love heading to Burlington ... Lake Geode is down that way! We've
spent many a fine afternoon walking the creek for geodes. Not to
mention Burlington Speedway!

~misty N~Zelda (Who loves going to the river down the hill.)