OT - website

Old July 17th 03, 11:20 AM
Krishur

Default OT - website

Yahoo's geocitites has a page builder program that allows one to custom make
a page.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/

--
Kristen &
Kali CD, CGC, TDI, TT

"jayjay" wrote in message
I've been working on putting together a website for Chloe. Its been ages
since I've done this stuff.

I've seen many sites (example would be something like yahoo's photo sites)
where people setup a screen that allows you to either scroll through the
photos or to run a little photo script to scoll through on its own.

granted, I could spend the time to set this up with individual html

pages -
but that's alot of work todo. Can anyone pointme to a java script or
something that I can use to do this with.

Yes - I know that yahoo isn't done by individuals - what I'm getting at

is -
I've seen sites where individuals have setup something similar with java
scripting or asp. If this is easy to do - especially if there's s
pre-written script out there - that is what I'm looking for.

Old July 17th 03, 10:16 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:40:59 -0400, "jayjay"
wrote:

I've been working on putting together a website for Chloe. Its been ages
since I've done this stuff.

I've seen many sites (example would be something like yahoo's photo sites)
where people setup a screen that allows you to either scroll through the
photos or to run a little photo script to scoll through on its own.

granted, I could spend the time to set this up with individual html pages -
but that's alot of work todo. Can anyone pointme to a java script or
something that I can use to do this with.

Yes - I know that yahoo isn't done by individuals - what I'm getting at is -
I've seen sites where individuals have setup something similar with java
scripting or asp. If this is easy to do - especially if there's s
pre-written script out there - that is what I'm looking for.

Once you invest an hour setting up a page, you will see how simple it
is. I put up throwaway geocities web pages all the time. Some of
them even look halfway decent, and they're all bonehead simple from
the techie end.

Cut-and-paste Java scripts are fun, if you're into playing with them,
but not necessary if you just want to get your pix up in an organized
manner.

One simple way to present your pix is to create a series of thumbnails
to display on your page with links to the full-size images. These you
can make by resizing each image to say, 64x48 pixels, and saving as a
different file.

Here is one of my quick-and-dirty templates, ready for you to cut,
paste and edit.

_______________________
htmlheadtitleMy Dog Picture Page/title/head
body
BODY BGCOLOR="blue" text="white" link="yellow" vlink="green"
H1Welcome to My Dog Picture Page/H1
Click on the thumbnails below to see larger images.P
CENTER
A HREF="dog01.jpg"IMG SRC="dog01thumbnail.jpg"/A
A HREF="dog02.jpg"IMG SRC="dog02thumbnail.jpg"/A
A HREF="dog03.jpg"IMG SRC="dog03thumbnail.jpg"/A
A HREF="dog04.jpg"IMG SRC="dog04thumbnail.jpg"/A
A HREF="dog05.jpg"IMG SRC="dog05thumbnail.jpg"/A
A HREF="dog06.jpg"IMG SRC="dog06thumbnail.jpg"/A
A HREF="dog07.jpg"IMG SRC="dog07thumbnail.jpg"/A
/CENTER
/body
/html

Have fun!