OT--Anyone else received this spam-scam?

Old July 22nd 03, 01:10 AM
Marie

Default OT--Anyone else received this spam-scam?

I think the worst part about spam in my inbox is that virtually all of it is
boring, repetitive and completely lame. I mean, does anyone *really* fall
for that "I'm an important person from Nigeria and need your help to smuggle
money out of the country" crap that keeps showing up?

But today's contribution is a (small) step above most others: it actually
*almost* looks legit if one isn't paying attention. Of course, the fact
that I got three copies in a row kinda indicated "scam" :-)

So here it is--the latest (for me) spam-scam:

"User just send $974.50 USD with E-mail to you:

SwiftPay User-ID:
(MHT Warehouse)
Transaction#: 0053148
Date: 21-07-2003
Comments: We are refunding your money with swiftpay because our merchant is
currently off-line, please excuse us for the delay

If you are not registred with SwiftPay.com please follow the link bellow:

http://www.swiftspay.com/signup/index.php

Once you register, the money will appear in your SwiftPay's account balance
in your overview page. You can withraw the outstanding balance to your
credit or debt card's bank account which you added during the registration
process.

SwiftPay`s intuitive interface makes sending and receiving money over the
web as easy as one two three. Simply logon at SwiftPay.com and select which
Swiftpay service you wish to avail of, whether it's to fund your account,
send money to friends family or businesses, request money or check your
account details. With everything you need available at the click of a mouse,
paying with SwiftPay couldn't be easier. Don't forget, we value our
commitment to Customer Service at SwiftPay - should you have any queries,
please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll do our best to answer your
query as soon as possible.

With Regards,

SwiftPay Account Managers"

Anybody want to claim the money? ;-P

--
Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/

Old July 23rd 03, 02:33 AM
Dimpled Chad

On 21 Jul 2003, Marie opined:

So here it is--the latest (for me) spam-scam:

I *just* got this spam-scam. I wonder if they're culling the address from
usenet....

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.