Are some livestock raised only for pet food?

Old April 21st 11, 07:49 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.agriculture,sci.agriculture,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.misc
Mr.Smartypants[_3_]

Default Are some livestock raised only for pet food?

On Apr 21, 3:43*pm, dh@. wrote:
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:20:38 -0700 (PDT), "Mr.Smartypants" asked Goo:

What happens to the choice cuts from the extra animals raised due to
the demand for pet food, Goo?

* * Goo has told us that there's no question, which we know doesn't make any
sense. But could it really make sense to the Goober that there is no question?
It started to dawn on me that Goo just takes it for granted there are top
quality choice cuts of meat in pet food. So to try to get a little Goobal
"insight" I dropped by the dog food section of a grocery store yesterday.
Hilarious!!! There is Alpo telling gullible goobers there are "Prime Cuts" and
"Prime Slices" in their dog food. LOL...so that's what Goob thinks happens to
them. I was having fun laughing at Goo while looking at dog food as more cans
came into view telling goobers about: "Roast Turkey", "Grilled Steak and Eggs",
"Porterhouse Steak"...LOL....and Goo believes there are "Tenderloin Tips", and
"New York Strip", and Goo thinks some are made "With Duck", and some are "Top
Sirloin", "Filet Mignon", and "Steak Florentine"...LOL... I used to wonder if
any people are ignorant enough to believe stuff like that, and here it turns out
that the Goober himself is...LOL...

Poor gullible Goo.

What I'm starting to wonder is if Goo buys those cans for himself
since he thinks the best cuts are in them.

Old April 24th 11, 10:50 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.agriculture,sci.agriculture,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.misc
dh@.

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:49:32 -0700 (PDT), "Mr.Smartypants"
wrote:

On Apr 21, 3:43*pm, dh@. wrote:
[...]

Even if he doesn't go so far as to actually buy and eat them, it's a safe
bet he does feel that he has "cleaverly" figured out a cheap way of getting
choice cuts of meat if he ever has a need to. In fact maybe that's one reason
he's still clinging to the idea. He probably has his eye on particular types
that he really believes has the best of whatever he's interested in...for
example what he thinks would be the best choice for lamb, and the best for
sirloin, and filet mignon, and chicken, etc.... He apparently doesn't want to
give up on the idea that he *could* even if he hasn't ever tried it. That is IF
the Goober's not really some sort of veg*n eliminationist which seems more
likely, and I still very strongly suspect he and his boy "Dutch" both are.