Plant info needed, ASAP

Old July 27th 03, 01:16 AM
Marie

Default Plant info needed, ASAP

We have just been given an 8' bamboo plant :-) Before I move it in, I want
to be sure that it's not toxic to cats, dogs (or babies). Anybody know?

TIA

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/

Old July 27th 03, 04:07 AM
FurPaw

Marie wrote:
We have just been given an 8' bamboo plant :-) Before I move it in, I want
to be sure that it's not toxic to cats, dogs (or babies). Anybody know?

I never tried to grow it, but this link appears to be helpful:
http://www.lewisbamboo.com/habits.html

I like one quote from it: 'It did not get the title of "fastest
growing woody plant on earth!" for nothing!'

FurPaw

--
There's no reason to give credence to anything spoken above 90
decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old July 27th 03, 06:10 PM
Rocky

FurPaw said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I like one quote from it: 'It did not get the title of
"fastest growing woody plant on earth!" for nothing!'

I'm going to refrain from making the comment I'd originally
intended. I'm going to be strong.

Old July 27th 03, 09:32 PM
FurPaw

Rocky wrote:
FurPaw said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I like one quote from it: 'It did not get the title of
"fastest growing woody plant on earth!" for nothing!'

I'm going to refrain from making the comment I'd originally
intended. I'm going to be strong.

You are to be congratulated for your forbearance. :-)

FurPaw

Old July 29th 03, 05:18 AM
Mays

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:16:37 GMT,"Marie" stitched
with finest floss on pure irish linen:

We have just been given an 8' bamboo plant :-) Before I move it in, I want
to be sure that it's not toxic to cats, dogs (or babies). Anybody know?

TIA

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/

Bamboo is not toxic, and some animals find it quite tasty. Unless you
want your entire yard to be a bamboo forest and your neighbors to
really hate you, you need to do some preparation of the planting area
first. A concrete or tile barrier 2' deep completely surrounding the
planting area will contain the roots- that is, the barrier needs to go
into the ground 2'. Once that stuff gets growing, there is no way you
can keep up with the quantity of bamboo shoots unless you plan on
opening a very busy Chinese restaurant! Of course, the long stems can
come in handy for various projects around the house and garden. Happy
digging........
---
Ruth Mays
Beautiful Downtown Cinnaminson

It's important to keep an open mind,
But not so open that your brains fall out.

Looking for medical info Julie Dog breeds 4 April 23rd 04 09:37 PM
bulldog info norman Dog rescue 0 November 24th 03 11:13 PM
bulldog info norman Dog rescue 0 November 24th 03 11:13 PM
Info on prescription diets needed please Lawrence & Bobbie Dog health 2 October 18th 03 07:22 PM
Info on prescription diets needed please Lawrence & Bobbie Dog health 0 October 18th 03 05:54 AM