"What Breed".... Chiahuahua and Corgi folks?? Bay Area

Old July 28th 03, 06:03 AM
DogStar716

Default "What Breed".... Chiahuahua and Corgi folks?? Bay Area

They've got her listed as "Chihauhau", but my sister and I both think
those
ears are rather Corgi-ish.

OMG, she looks like my old Chi/Heeler mix! Go to my website:
http://hometown.aol.com/dogstar716/page3.html

Look for Cody and Shady. And Cody was a Chi/Heeler mix, I saw both parents.

Incredible!

Dogstar716
Come see Gunnars Life: http://hometown.aol.com/dogstar716/index.html

Old July 28th 03, 06:20 AM
Sionnach

"DogStar716" wrote:

OMG, she looks like my old Chi/Heeler mix! Go to my website:

Wow. She sure does! How big was Cody? This little dog is only 12
pounds. They had a bit of trouble with her being defensively snappy the
first night, but I just got off the phone with my sister.. sounds like she's
starting to settle in OK now.

Apparently she has just been returned from a failed adoption- she was
placed in a home with a five-year-old who wouldn't leave her alone. The
foster home says she was NEVER snappy with them, so we're suspecting that
there wasn't proper supervision going on, and maybe even that somebody shook
her and/or yelled at her when she tried to get the kid to leave her be.
It sounds likes she's already figuring out that she *won't* be treated
that way in her new home, and she's starting to relax- no sign of snappiness
today, just a wee bit of wariness- and ask for attention.

This is one of those times that it's really annoying to live on the
opposite coast!

--
Sarah
Brenin, CGC, AD, O-EAC-V, O-EJC-V, EGC

Old July 28th 03, 02:10 PM
DogStar716

Wow. She sure does! How big was Cody? This little dog is only 12
pounds.

Cody was about 10 lbs.

He had the total Heeler 'tude going on as well, tried to herd things and was
very territorial. Cody was also a snap obedience dog, had a natural watch
going and everything.

His mom was a Long Haired Chi, his dad the Heeler. She had two pups.

He was a very cool little mix, unfortunately he was also a car chaser

Hope your sister and this dog find happiness together!

Old July 28th 03, 11:38 PM
Robin

"DogStar716" wrote in message

His mom was a Long Haired Chi, his dad the Heeler. She had two pups.

I'm glad that accidental breeding turned out OK. Mixing a large male dog
with a small female can have disastrous results for the small females trying
to give birth to puppies that are larger than the ones they would normally
carry.

Robin