Can you help an amature?

Old July 29th 03, 08:51 PM
ray

Default Can you help an amature?

Would anyone help me? My 8 week old pup, from a great line, is the product
of 2 half siblings. It was an accidental litter. What are the possible
repercussions on health or temperament? I do NOT plan to breed her.

Old July 29th 03, 09:46 PM
ray

Hey! Thanks, sir. It's an ACD from a line of champs that was given to me as
a gift, so I didn't want to look the gift horse..uh dog, well you
know...Thanks
for your advice!
"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote
in message ...
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:51:11 GMT, "ray"
wrote:

Would anyone help me? My 8 week old pup, from a great line, is the

product
of 2 half siblings. It was an accidental litter. What are the possible
repercussions on health or temperament? I do NOT plan to breed her.

You're probably fine.

But there's always the element of surprise when it comes to breeding.

Without knowing each dog's pedigree, its inbreeding coefficient, the
potency of each dog (the ability to reproduce itself), the health and
temperament of all the dogs who back each pedigree, etc., it's
impossible to predict.

But breeding half-siblings is typically very safe.

Again, it depends on a *lot* of things, but the fact that each dog
"comes from a great line" should be comforting.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

Old July 29th 03, 10:14 PM
ray

Oh, yes. I had one before, back before AKC recognized the breed. Don't know
if the dogs were better off then...
"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote
in message ...
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:46:56 GMT, "ray"
wrote:

Hey! Thanks, sir. It's an ACD from a line of champs that was given to me

as
a gift, so I didn't want to look the gift horse..uh dog, well you
know...Thanks

You bet. And thanks for the thanks.

Good luck!

PS: I hope you know what you're getting into with an ACD, right?

Old July 30th 03, 02:00 PM
Emily Carroll

I agree with Handsome Jack.

There shouldn't be any major issues, unless both siblings are very closely
linebred themselves, and even then, unless the uncommon parents are actually
very closely related, you're probably fine.

--
Emily Carroll
http://www.geocities.com/diamonds_in...yes/index.html

"ray" wrote in message
om...
Would anyone help me? My 8 week old pup, from a great line, is the product
of 2 half siblings. It was an accidental litter. What are the possible
repercussions on health or temperament? I do NOT plan to breed her.

---