Beau's exciting weekend

Old October 4th 04, 02:33 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

Default Beau's exciting weekend

I'd forgotten to pre-register for a show, so I had to day-of-show
register at the last minute.

Sunday he earned a Group 4 in show 1 an Group 3 in show 2 (6 breeds in
the group)... but Saturday's first show he won (without a whole lot of
deliberation) a Best In Show!! This was our first weekend out after
getting BIS at LaPorte. (I like the pics I got from this weekend a
LOT better!)

BIS: http://uberpest.50megs.com/shows/showpix/Beau2ndBIS.JPG
Group 4: http://uberpest.50megs.com/shows/showpix/BeauGroup4.JPG
Group 3: http://uberpest.50megs.com/shows/showpix/BeauGroup3.JPG

Of course we had a big scare when a LAB attacked him... but that's
another story.

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com
http://www.cafeshops.com/crazy*******
Lucy Anna Skye, MB-CD, CGC
Ch. Cat's Cradle's Beaufort, CGC
Old October 4th 04, 02:46 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...
I'd forgotten to pre-register for a show, so I had to day-of-show
register at the last minute.

Sunday he earned a Group 4 in show 1 an Group 3 in show 2 (6 breeds in
the group)... but Saturday's first show he won (without a whole lot of
deliberation) a Best In Show!! This was our first weekend out after
getting BIS at LaPorte. (I like the pics I got from this weekend a
LOT better!)

Woohoo! And great photos, too!
Fabulous news, Amanda!
Shelly & The Boys

Old October 5th 04, 03:32 AM

In rec.pets.dogs.activities Amanda Tikkanen wrote:
Sunday he earned a Group 4 in show 1 an Group 3 in show 2 (6 breeds in
the group)... but Saturday's first show he won (without a whole lot of
deliberation) a Best In Show!!

Excellent!

Of course we had a big scare when a LAB attacked him... but that's
another story.

Oooh not good.

But congratulations on the BIS!

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old October 5th 04, 08:21 AM
blackriverlab

Congratulations..always nice to win..Donna

Old October 5th 04, 12:07 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

wrote in message ...
Of course we had a big scare when a LAB attacked him... but that's
another story.

Oooh not good.

Yeah, somehow the Lab got out of its crate (not its first time) and
was walking around. I heard someone yell "Loose Dog!" and I looked
up. It was coming towards us, so when it was about 2' away I grabbed
its leash because it's a LAB-- what's it going to do? Sit there and
be nice? Beau was on his show leash as they were on the GSD breed
ring and Beau was the next dog to go in (only Catahoula)... Lab was
sniffing at Beau, then growled, jumped on Beau and started to chew on
him. Everyone who heard the fight and then found out what kind of dogs
it was were SURE that my "MEAN" Catahoula started it ('cuz ALL
Catahoulas are mean and nasty). People who were right there (maybe 5'
from me) saw Beau turn to avoid the fight (he's not allowed to fight
at home--the girls are too old to scrap and won't do more than growl
"hey that's MY blanket!") but when he was getting chewed on he fought
back. I don't know about the other dog's permanent status (he was
done for the day) but Beau was found not at fault, so he's not in any
trouble, and was allowed to finish his shows.

All I wanted to do was keep a dog from getting hit by a car (outside
show) or train (we were about 100' from a busy RR track).

Then when we got home, Parade chased him away from his supper and ate
it (20# Basenji, just at 1 cup of food, then got 2 cups of HIS food--
she's gonna have to poop!)

Old October 6th 04, 01:48 AM
AndreaS

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote
snip
but Saturday's first show he won (without a whole lot of
deliberation) a Best In Show!! This was our first weekend out after
getting BIS at LaPorte. (I like the pics I got from this weekend a
LOT better!)

BIS: http://uberpest.50megs.com/shows/showpix/Beau2ndBIS.JPG

Check that ribbon!

--
-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis

Old October 6th 04, 12:10 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

"AndreaS" wrote in message news:dhH8d.6157$Xk1.4098@trnddc02...
"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote
snip
but Saturday's first show he won (without a whole lot of
deliberation) a Best In Show!! This was our first weekend out after
getting BIS at LaPorte. (I like the pics I got from this weekend a
LOT better!)

BIS: http://uberpest.50megs.com/shows/showpix/Beau2ndBIS.JPG

Check that ribbon!

Last time (in August) Dad said "Who'd you rough up and steal THAT
from?" Thanks for the confidence in my dog, Dad. This time: "Holy
crap! It's bigger than a pie plate!" Beau really likes his ribbons,
believe it or not. I think it's because people tell him he's a good
boy when he gets them. I keep them in a rubbermaid tote so they don't
get funky... one day I'm going to get a picture with ALL of his
ribbons, his pack, and the obedience jump Dad helped me build (yeah,
I'm trying to do Obedience with the Beau... hilarity will ensue).

Old October 6th 04, 01:28 PM
CaptRon

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...
(yeah,
I'm trying to do Obedience with the Beau... hilarity will ensue).

There is a spinoni (spelling?) in our Advanced Obedience class. She said
her dog's breeder responded "You're going to do Obedience with a
spinonni?????"

He is a cut up. I doubt any training class has laughed as much as we do.
When she tried to put him back in his down-stay on Sunday he rolled over and
played dead, forcing her to pull him across the floor. Well, try to pull
him across the floor anyway.

dainerra

Old October 7th 04, 12:40 AM
Amanda Tikkanen

"CaptRon" wrote in message link.net...
"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...
(yeah,
I'm trying to do Obedience with the Beau... hilarity will ensue).

There is a spinoni (spelling?) in our Advanced Obedience class. She said
her dog's breeder responded "You're going to do Obedience with a
spinonni?????"

He is a cut up. I doubt any training class has laughed as much as we do.
When she tried to put him back in his down-stay on Sunday he rolled over and
played dead, forcing her to pull him across the floor. Well, try to pull
him across the floor anyway.

dainerra

I did 4-H with Lucy and her half-brother, Tommy. Lucy did well at
obedience for any dog with a green owner and Tommy did well for a
rescue (read: abused before I got him) dog. Lucy did anything to make
me happy--even picking up that stoopid dumbbell. Tommy was a HAM and
a half-- did a lot of stuff just to get people to laugh at him. That
was a far cry from the scared and hurt 4 year old that came to live
with us just 2 years before. I'm hoping Beau enjoys himself. We
start obedience classes October 19.