Heartgard prices

Old July 1st 03, 10:51 AM
Carolyn Deese

Default Heartgard prices

I purchased the Heartgard for the 51 to 100 pound dog last week at my
vet's office for 39.75. I think I would ask other pet owners in your
area who their vet is and how much they pay for Heartgard. If you can
find another good vet who is less expensive I would certainly consider
changing vets. I had two of my pups annuals done last week. I paid
268.55 which included Rockzies thyroid test, 100 thyroid pills,
expressing anal sacs for Rachel, and all of the following for both.
Intestinal parasite check, dist/hep/lepto/
para/parvo vaccine, rabies shot, heartworm test, Heartgard, corona
annual vaccine and they clipped Rockzies toenails. I live in Northeast
Florida and my vet is considered a little expensive but he is one of the
best in regards to his knowledge, equipment, and the way he treats your
pets. He is very gentle with my three. It's worth it to me for my dogs
to receive such good care.

Carolyn

Heartgard prices

Group: rec.pets.dogs.health Date: Mon, Jun 30, 2003, 1:58pm (EDT-3)
From: (KC)
I posted here recently about purchasing Advantage online. Even though
I'd like to save some money on Heartgard I know that: My vet won't
release the prescription (I already asked)...AND if everyone started
buying Heartgard online it would drive up vet costs eventually in one
way or another. Depending on who you ask, vets don't make much money off
Heartgard. Whether that's true or not, I'm paying $60 for a 6-month
supply for the 25-50 lb group. (My dog weighs 24 pounds and my vet
didn't want to risk it...but the price increase was double!) My vet was
just 'bought out' and changed management and the new vet's prices seem
sky high. I live in Dallas, TX and was wondering if what I'm paying is
even in the ballpark. I know there have been a lot of posts concerning
this lately so please pardon my redundancy. Also, I know PetsMart
(Banfield) sells it cheaper, but based on a negative experience with
Banfield I'm not interested in using them at this time.

Old July 1st 03, 06:13 PM
mountainwoman

You unfortunately are paying an exorborant amount on Heartgard. Back home
in Kansas City, MO I paid $20 for 6 months for the smallest dog. Now I live
in CO and I get my heartgard from the Colorado State University veterinarian
Hospital for $10.00. If you have a university vet hospital I'd try and go
there. But $60 seems an awful lot.

Debbie

om...

Old July 2nd 03, 01:31 AM
DonJay

I found the following site using Google: www.equine-megastore.com

Worth a look if you're in the market for Heartgard. Site is located in
Australia, but the numerous testimonials, many from the States, attest
to good and prompt service. Prices seem OK too. Not sure if I'll
order, 'though.

Don

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:26:05 GMT, "Ronna"
wrote:

That is way to high for a 6 month supply. My dog is 65 lbs and I only pay
$35 for a 6 month supply of the Hearguasrd Plus. May be best to check
around and find a new vet. Good luck...

"Ben Loughran" wrote in message
news:1fxdohq.1tnc7idl972o0N%gwbushnospam@whitehou se.gov...
KC wrote:

My vet won't
release the prescription (I already asked)

Tell him that you get prescriptions from your doctor and you also expect
the same service from your vet. If he refuses, get another vet. You are
the customer and he is evidently charging too much.

Old December 23rd 06, 06:20 AM
Mickee Mickee is offline
Member

Location: Texas
Send a message via MSN to Mickee Send a message via Yahoo to Mickee

I have mentioned this site before but will again. No prescription is necessary. Petsupplyexpress. com It is in Australia and the shipping is only $3.99 per order not item. Here is what I copied and pasted from the site.

Brand Heartgard Plus
Price $28.95
Type Brown Box
Month / Tablet 6 chewable tablets
Product Heartgard Plus...Dogs 51 to 100lbs...expires 04/2008
Description Heartgard Plus Also Treats And Controls Roundworms And Hookworms. It Is Approved For Use In Puppies As Young As 6 Weeks, Small Dogs Regardless Of Weight, Pregnant Or Breeding Bitches, Stud Dogs, And Collies. Heartgard Plus Is 100% Effective Against Heartworms, And Treats And Controls Other Dangerous Parasites

This is how I get mine and hope this helps anyone else that needs a little savings. Of course this is for the largest weight and less weights are less costly too.

I have nothing to gain by informing you of this website, just hope it helps someone.

Mickee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJay
I found the following site using Google: DOG SUPPLY, Pet meds, Pet medication, Pet medicine at Equine-Mega-Store online pet supply store