Dealing with the loss of a pet...

Old July 2nd 03, 03:52 AM
Robert Shields

Default Dealing with the loss of a pet...

Do you think he went over a cliff or just ran away???
Is he Chipped??? name on a collar?? keep checking local dog pounds!!!
never say never, maybe you'll be Lucky??????

rockandrollbadboy wrote:

Not sure who to turn to with this. I am a southern California
resident who has recently lost my beloved pet dog Lucky. I don't want
to recall the particulars of the event right now as it is still too
painful. In short, I was hiking with Lucky at Runyon Canyon in Los
Angeles - which is a "leash free" Dog Park. Long story short, I turned
away only for a few minutes. Lucky was gone. It's been over 36 hours
and the likelyhood of recovering him is slim.

It was hard getting up this morning and not seeing him or hearing the
sound of his paws on my hardwood floors. When do I accept this? How
do I accept this? Is this my fault? I feel awful... Can someone help?

Brett

Old July 9th 03, 06:06 AM
rockandrollbadboy

Robert Shields wrote in message ...

Dude,

My dog was found - and he was dead. Of course he had a collar - that
is how we were notified. I think you are just another asshole who used
to spam my old website. I just got home from a long deserved vacation.
I don't need to read this kinda crap. Your not funny. LET IT GO OR
YOU'LL HAVE A WAR YOU WON'T BELIEVE.

Brett Meisner

Old July 12th 03, 12:53 AM
Patricia Clifford

I am sorry about your loss.

Old July 13th 03, 03:05 PM
DAKA

Check out this website: http://petloss.com/. It was (and still is) a great
source of comfort when my GSD and good friend, Buddy, passed a couple of
years ago. Be prepared to shed tears; however, that's an important part of
the grieving process.

Nothing can take the place of Lucky in your life. However, when you're
ready, consider getting a new dog. I got another great dog, Teddy, a couple
of months after Buddy passed. I am fortunate now to have another wonderful
dog in my life.

om...