Tree tea oil

Old July 23rd 03, 03:47 AM
Duffy

Default Tree tea oil

My little Shih Tzu 9 years old has always had a problem with itching and
chewing his feet. For the past 7 or so years has been on Temaril -P, 1/2
to a whole tablet every day. He has always been so agitated and restless.
I decided one day to put a drop of tree tea oil on each of his paws on top.
He stopped chewing them immediately. Since he wasn't chewing, I stopped the
pills. He is an absolutely different dog. I also started him on a multiple
dog vitamin. It has been about a month now and he is doing so well. I
don't use the tree tea oil every day, only as needed.

Old July 23rd 03, 04:36 PM
JM

Duffy,

What brand and form of tea tree oil do you use? The pure oil I see say
do not use directly on skin. The ones for external use have herbs that
my dog sneezes at. Please let me know the brand and preparation you used.

Thanx. -JM

Old July 23rd 03, 09:30 PM
Duffy

It's Herbal Harvest Australian 100% Tree tea oil purchased at Wal-mart. The
results for him far outweigh any sneezing, although he never even sniffs his
feet after I put a drop on top.

Duffy

Old July 24th 03, 04:23 PM
JM

Duffy,

What department did you get it from? I couldn't find it in the pet department.

-JM

Old July 25th 03, 01:46 AM
Andrea J Chee

In article , Duffy
writes
It's Herbal Harvest Australian 100% Tree tea oil purchased at Wal-mart. The
results for him far outweigh any sneezing, although he never even sniffs his
feet after I put a drop on top.

It's better if you can mix tea tree oil with a base oil. In
concentration it's quite toxic and absorbs through the skin. One drop
may be okay but I wouldn't chance it.

- ANDREA

--
ANDROMEDA - Internet Goddess