Should I let my dog eat almonds?

Old July 28th 03, 01:12 PM
elZee

"Lisa Clayton" wrote in message
s.com...
Our 3 year old female Maltese/Shitzu dog absolutely *LOVES* almonds.
Should we let her eat these?
They are toasted, unsalted.
I only let her have one or two (in small pieces) as a special treat.
I've no idea why she enjoys them so much.
As soon as she sees me take one out of the jar to eat some myself she goes
absolutely bananas and I find it hard to resist giving her a taste.
But will stop if they are bad for her.
thanks!
Lisa

I occasionally give my two 4yo BC's Almonds .. and even Cashews. They love
love love 'em!

Funny thing though my lovely wife says that the cashews go right through
them .. as when she's cleaning up the back yard (poo patrol) she noticed the
cashews in the stools .. lol!

If your dog likes 'em .. and you can't see any side effects .. and they are
given as a treat or as a reward for a trick or reaction .. go for it!

HTH

elZee

Old July 28th 03, 01:24 PM
Lisa Clayton

Default Should I let my dog eat almonds?

Our 3 year old female Maltese/Shitzu dog absolutely *LOVES* almonds.

Should we let her eat these?

They are toasted, unsalted.

I only let her have one or two (in small pieces) as a special treat.

I've no idea why she enjoys them so much.

As soon as she sees me take one out of the jar to eat some myself she goes
absolutely bananas and I find it hard to resist giving her a taste.

But will stop if they are bad for her.

thanks!

Lisa

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read.

Groucho Marx
Old July 28th 03, 03:27 PM
NGMinardi\

My sister has a bjon who is going crazy with itching. The dog is
practically going nuts with the scratching and so is my sister. Molly
(the dog) is on prednesone which helps, but she is so fat now that her
legs are giving out.Does anyone know of a soothing cream or any other
method of treatment. My sister is so desperate she is considering
putting Molly out of her misery.

Old July 29th 03, 05:33 PM
Michelle

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...
Macadamia nuts are poisonous to dogs, for what that's worth.

Good point, dogs have had bad reactions to macadamia nuts, this may
be a problem with processing and symptoms include temporary loss of
use in the back end, most get better in 1-3 days. It is fairly easy
to find info on this subject on the net but I can't find any negative
press on almonds so I think it is safe. I have had three vets (due to
moving) and none have said it was bad.
Michelle