BARF @ room temperature vs cold

Old July 31st 03, 02:31 AM
Scott

Default BARF @ room temperature vs cold

Why is it best to feed BARF, or perhaps any other dog food, at room
temperature, instead of at refrigerator temperature?

Old July 31st 03, 07:08 AM
Jo Wolf

Scott, if you need to ask this question, you need to be on one of the
excellent BARF email lists. There are more experts there.... And you
need to be reading books and articles on the subject. Before you do
real damage.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old July 31st 03, 12:49 PM
buglady

"Scott" wrote in message
Why is it best to feed BARF, or perhaps any other dog food, at room
temperature, instead of at refrigerator temperature?

..........It really depends on your dog. Some dogs eat cold food OK, with
others it upsets their stomachs. Cold food has to warm up to body temp to
really begin digestion. Doesn't really matter whether it's
raw/cooked/canned food, the principle is the same. Sometimes they throw up,
though, unlike cats, dogs are willing to have another go at the meal, if
you'd just let them!

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old July 31st 03, 05:07 PM
Scott

Do damage by feeding food that is cold or for feeding BARF? I have done
quite a lot of reading on the subject of raw food and, except for one
occasion, have never found any reference to feeding cold food. The one
reference I did come across didn't explain why it is better to feed food
at room temperature. Is there something revealing about asking such a
question?

Old August 2nd 03, 03:15 PM
Pennie

Scott said:

Do damage by feeding food that is cold or for feeding BARF? I have done
quite a lot of reading on the subject of raw food and, except for one
occasion, have never found any reference to feeding cold food. The one
reference I did come across didn't explain why it is better to feed food
at room temperature. Is there something revealing about asking such a
question?

Scott,
I have 4 dogs who have eaten raw for over 2 years...we feed cold
(right from the fridge) and have never had a problem. They get
chicken backs, ground chicken necks, ground veggies and/or cottage
cheese and plain yogurt.

Pennie

Let Food Be Our Medicine.
-Hippocrates