Pain Control

Old August 1st 03, 05:42 AM
Jo Wolf

Flagyl is also very effective in treating gastric and duodenal ulcers,
many of which are caused by bacteria or infected by them! In both
humans and dogs.....

I have used Glyco-Flex, which is dehydrated green-lipped mussel, and
Glucosamine. They boost each other, and are effective by themselves in
the earlier stages. Now there are combinations of Glyco-Flex and
Glucosamine for larger dogs, and friends who are using them for their
dogs are very pleased with the results.
I have always gotten these from KV Vet Supply in David, NE, although
some other places carry them, too. Nice people to deal with....! That
counts a lot in this day and age. Web site is www.kvvetsupply.com I
get no renumeration for this....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old August 1st 03, 06:08 AM
Sandy M

Default Pain Control

I have a 7 year old lab/collie with the same problems - many people

advised
Green Lip Mussel extract - didn't believe it would work but after one

month
she is running around like a puppy again - apparently very good where

there
is inflammation - I am trying it for my knee too!

HTH
Jackie

Thank you Jackie. Is there a certain brand I should look for and does it
come in different strengths?

Sandy

Old August 1st 03, 10:30 PM
Jackiemum

Sandy M wrote:
I have a 7 year old lab/collie with the same problems - many people
advised Green Lip Mussel extract - didn't believe it would work but
after one month she is running around like a puppy again -
apparently very good where there is inflammation - I am trying it
for my knee too!

HTH
Jackie

Thank you Jackie. Is there a certain brand I should look for and does
it come in different strengths?

Sandy

This is where I purchased mine from:
http://www.1stvitality.co.uk/az/gree..._dogs_cats_hor
ses.htm
I believe other places do different strengths but I am told this is the most
concentrated and it works for Sally.
We are in the UK but the person I telephoned here says she ships all over
the world.
Pleased keep us posted.

Jackie

--
remove munch to reply

Old August 5th 03, 05:11 AM
Abigail Rules

etogesic works wonders on our shelties....rimadyl wasn't effective & caused
major stomach upset.
we give etogesic (yes, need scrip from vet) and include a pepcid AC at same
time - to help quell potential queasy stomach.

also use cosequin, msm, glucosamine along w/ vitamin c.