Yippee, no more training questions

Old January 23rd 04, 10:35 PM
Scott

Default Yippee, no more training questions

It seems that some of you have become rather suspicious and annoyed with
me, so I am going to take my training questions elsewhere, but before I
go I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me your chosen
breed of dog, and perhaps whether or not you train for competition. I
would also be interested in knowing whether or not your pooch is a prize
winner. Do you happen to have a web page where I can view your dog?

I promise not to respond to any of your posts or to e-mail you, so you
don't have to worry about me trying to spin a web of circular logic.

Thanks, it's been fun--well, at least amusing. I am off to play with
Berlin, my 13 month old East German shepherd dog. No competition, but
she is quite a prize.

Old January 24th 04, 02:14 AM

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:35:24 -0800 Scott whittled these words:
It seems that some of you have become rather suspicious and annoyed with
me, so I am going to take my training questions elsewhere, but before I
go I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me your chosen
breed of dog, and perhaps whether or not you train for competition. I
would also be interested in knowing whether or not your pooch is a prize
winner. Do you happen to have a web page where I can view your dog?

I promise not to respond to any of your posts or to e-mail you, so you
don't have to worry about me trying to spin a web of circular logic.

Thanks, it's been fun--well, at least amusing. I am off to play with
Berlin, my 13 month old East German shepherd dog. No competition, but
she is quite a prize.

http://www.dog-play.com/tanith.html (RIP 4/8/03) agility - competed at
top levels

http://www.dog-play.com/tsuki.html agility and herding - working his way
up

My GSD died quite a long time ago so no web page on her. But her
obedience was tops - could drop her from a dead run - even chasing
wildlife. I was doing operant conditioning with her long before it hit
the general dog world. Of curse at the time I just considered it a game,
didn't catch on the full usefulness until later.

Diane Blackman

Old January 24th 04, 04:03 AM
Rocky

Scott said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

before I
go I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me
your chosen breed of dog, and perhaps whether or not you
train for competition.

Agility is our main thing, mainly because I only have a certain
amount of time and money, though we've enjoyed what little
tracking and herding that we've played with. I've made a lot of
friends with the people that I meet through dog sports.

I would also be interested in
knowing whether or not your pooch is a prize winner.

Thanks! They've both won prizes! And *are* prizes.

Do you happen to have a web page where I can view your dog?

http://rocky-dog.com

Old January 24th 04, 04:38 AM
Lynn K.

Scott wrote in message ...
It seems that some of you have become rather suspicious and annoyed with
me, so I am going to take my training questions elsewhere,

Scott, try to understand before doing that. Your questions seem to
all be based in misconceptions (highly trained = personality loss,
clicker training = purely positive) and these threads have seemed of
late to consist of you arguing those misconceptions about things you
haven't experienced with people who have. I'm not suspicious but it
does become frustrating to try to discuss anything with someone who
has forgotten the rule "try to understand before trying to be
understood".

Me, fulltime trainer/rescuer (GSDs) with an 18 yr old Rottie/Nor.
Elkhound who lies around and eats bonbons all day and a 7 yr old GSD I
washed out of SAR after 2.5 yrs of training who is titled in
obedience, agility, and herding, and about to go for his tracking
titles, while still working in obedience. (he's also a therapy dog &
has some bitework)

Lynn K.