yay for new vets!

Old January 24th 04, 10:45 PM
culprit

Default yay for new vets!

it was past time for Lola and Manu to get their shots updated, but i've been
putting it off, afraid i wouldn't find a great vet. i asked my coworkers
for suggestions, got a handful of places to stay away from, and no strong
yeses. the vet i had been going to most recently was part of a local chain.
so i figured it couldn't hurt to try the branch nearest my new home, just
because at least my records would be easy to get.

so today we went to get shots and checkups, and it was great! my new vet is
fantastic. she was really excited to see my two, and seemed to know an
awful lot about the breed, which made me pretty happy. then when she said
she had a pit bull and a pit x rottie, both rescues, i knew i had found the
right vet for me. we're going to work on figuring out Manu's peeing issues
(he still pees while walking sometimes, without seeming to notice it), doing
some water restriction and urine tests. and she even knew the "right" kind
of elizabethan collar for Lola to wear so she'll stop licking that raw spot
on her leg (apparently PetCo has one that's clear, and it makes the dogs
less anxious about having to wear it).

of course, the best part was when she asked me if i had a medical
background, because i knew about the meds we'd be trying out for Manu's
peeing issues. i told her no, i just spend a lot of time reading about
other folks' dogs on usenet. :-)

yeah, i know, another mundane vet visit. but i'm really excited (and
relieved) about finding a good vet with pit bull experience. i had
nightmares about getting a vet who wanted to muzzle them or something.

-kelly