Now it's snowing!

Old January 26th 04, 08:05 AM
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Now it's snowing!

Despite the snow, I decided to go out for a while this evening (walking,
though, not driving). On the way home, it was just *lovely*--there was
no one out, very few cars on the road, and it's still snowing--very
Christmas-card.

So I went up and got Fidget and we went for a walk. It's so funny to
watch him with snow, especially new snow that no one has walked in or
peed on yet. He kind of gallops along the sidewalk, radiating joy, and
I try to keep up with him without falling down.

And no one has put down salt yet, so I didn't need to worry about his
feet. That part was especially nice.

And somehow, even though he came in covered in snow, by the time I got
my coat off and hung up his fur was dry to the touch. I'm hoping he
didn't dry it off on the couch, but I'm afraid to check!

It's also warmed up quite a bit since it started snowing. Or maybe it
hasn't warmed up, exactly, but the wind had pretty much died down.
Anyway, it's much more pleasant out there than it was earlier in the
evening before it started snowing.
--
Found Poetry (_Science News_, 14-Jun-2003): oldest _homo sapiens_ find
+-----------------------------------------+ ocean eddies' far-flung effects;