What's your favorite Stupid Pet Trick?

Old January 28th 04, 03:45 AM
Susan Fraser

Default What's your favorite Stupid Pet Trick?

GreeGree graduates from her puppy class in a couple of weeks, and at
graduation, we are all supposed to perform a trick we taught outside of class.
Not a problem, she already knows a few, like "whack it" with a paw, "bouncy,
bouncy", and of course, she retrieves goldenly

But I want to chain something cute, of the "go to the fridge and get me a beer"
ilk. Here's a few I'm considering:

1) Using the "whack it" to paw the ground to count, add, subtract, etc. (She
would keep going until I give a signal to stop, a la Clever Hans.) Perhaps I
could stump her with a square root or something (puzzled head tilt?) and she
could go get a calculator out of my training bag, whack it a few times and then
paw out the answer.

2) Puuuuulllll off my socks. (I've seen this done and it's way cute when the
socks stretch to a few feet long.) Then maybe say her prayers before lying down
and pulling the covers over herself?

3) Having someone spread out a bag of nuts in the shells, bring me one, upon
which I write (as I put my scent on it) GreeGree's name, and then toss it back
out among all the others and have her retrieve "her" nut.

So, what's your favorite "Stupid Pet Trick"?

Susan Fraser, owned and trained by
BeBop a Lu SheBop SH, Shamma Lamma Ding Dong MH,
Semper Choo Choo Ch'Boogie, and Gris Gris Gumbo Ya Ya
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/chinchuba/AuH2OK9s/
Old January 28th 04, 04:04 AM
Emily Carroll

"Susan Fraser" wrote in message
[...]

My dog pees on command. I think that's a pretty cool trick.

--
Emily Carroll
Fluttervale Labradors: www.fluttervale.com

---

Old January 28th 04, 12:34 PM
KrisHur

One that gets a big reaction is a trick an acquaintance's dog knows. He lies
on his blanket, grabs one corner and does a roll over so that he's rolled
him self up.

--
Kristen and
Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT

Old January 28th 04, 12:47 PM
Julia Altshuler

Emily Carroll wrote:

My dog pees on command. I think that's a pretty cool trick.

Doesn't count. That's not stupid. That's useful in housetraining, not
burning grass, getting ready for long trips.

--Lia